18. Ghosts

Cute/heartbreaking/funny/scary... Couldn't stick to one genre.

Jeff The Killer

Your father had just finished up with cleaning the dishes when he noticed you hadn't moved from your stance next to the sliding glass doors of your house. "(Y/N)? What are you looking at?"

"That pretty lady." You quietly murmured an answer as you lifted a finger in the direction of the yard.

With a confused and wary expression, he walked over and looked out into the yard, finding no one there. "There isn't anyone there. (Y/N)?"

"Oh..." You said quietly, "But she looks so real. How can you not see her?"

Your father picked you up and settled you on his hip. "What does she look like?"

You described her, not realizing what you said closely related to you. He realized your description matched a memory in his head.

"(Y/N). I think that's your mommy."

"Really?" You asked, not breaking your gaze from the window. "She looks happy. Did I make her happy?"

Your father also looked out, still seeing no sign of your mother's presence. "You did. She is so proud of you."

You finally broke your gaze away and looked up at your father. "You think so?"

He chuckled and kissed your forehead. "I know I do. No doubt she does too."

You giggled and wiggled out of your father's arms. "Well, I'm gonna go play now, bye daddy, bye mommy!" You quickly waved and ran to your bedroom.

Your father watched you run to your room before flicking his gaze to the yard once more. He did a double take, just as you said, and to confirm your father's suspicions, your mother stood at the edge of the lawn in the line of sight through the window. White light around her angelic features.

She mouthed something before disappearing. It made Jeff's heart warm.

Thank you.

Eyeless Jack (E.J)

There were always weird knocking sounds going off in your house, it frightened you greatly. You questioned your father to see if he heard it too.

He never explained to you that those noises were actually the woodpeckers knocking everywhere on the house and instead said, "Oh, that's just larry the ghost. Give him a piece of cheese and he won't bother you."

You actually bought the joke...

...And that was how your father found slices of moldy cheese up in the attic.

Ben Drowned

The basement was haunted. You were sure of it.

You always heard sounds coming from the other side of the door and constantly watched it shudder for no reason. Your father never actually forbid you to enter the dark dreary place but he didn't have to. You wouldn't be caught dead in a scary place like that.

That's what you thought, only you were facing a tough dilemma when your father called you for help and guess where he was? The basement.

You stopped short at the propped open door, still several steps away. You held the heavy toolbox in your two small hands, just barely holding on.

You had wondered why your father would need the tools, considering they were practically covered in a blanket of dust from the lack of use. You didn't think your father was a kind of person for building things since he was always glued to his computer.