38. Teaching You Skills

Jeff The Killer

"Keep your wrist locked, try not to snap it when letting go of the knife."

"Your posture is poor, making your aim poor, fix it."

"Your grasp on the knife is slipping, here, let me show you." Your father took your knife, and in a split second sent it flying. Perfectly wedging into the middle of the wooden target.

"How the hell do you expect me to do that?! That was really good!" You exclaimed, on the other hand, dead tired. Knife throwing was harder than you had thought originally.

"I don't expect you to do anything. You are the one who said you wanted to try this." Your father shrugged, walking up to the target and removing the knife from it before walking back, handing it over. "I'm not going easier on you either. Do it again."

"Dadddd..." You whined. "Can't we do something different than throwing?"

"If you really want to, let's move to the dummy." He allowed. Leading you towards the pretty much-demolished dummy made out of wood, it was slashed so many times it was unrecognizable.

Before you got too excited, your father stepped between you and the dummy. "I know you go a little overboard with this, but I want you to remember weak points and focus on your strengths. Don't just burst out with energy. Antagonize your target."

You met his stern look and nodded. He stepped away from between you and the dummy and let you continue.

It was wild, you loved this kind of practice for some weird reason, regardless you let the poor target of yours have it. Slashing the dummy like no tomorrow. Only stopping when the neck of it was weak enough for you to swiftly sidekick it off.

Immediately your father clonked you on the head.

"Oww!"

And then he did it a few more times.

"Ow, hey, Ouch... What did I do?"

"You didn't do anything I told you." He lectured. "You didn't focus on anything but the head. What if that dummy was real? You wouldn't see them swing a leg or punch out an arm. Sure, taking them out in one shot seems like a good idea. But you don't know what kind of assets they have. It's better to pick off and tire every aspect of your attacker's strength."

"Well, it's not like I'm going to go kill somebody for the heck of it. This is mostly for showing off." You grinned and your unamused father.

"I figured, but if you want to learn to use a knife, you're gonna learn everything I have to give you." He folded his arms over his chest and started to walk away.

You followed after him, "By the way, how do you know so much about using a knife for weaponry purposes?"

"Uh... Internet..."

Eyeless Jack (E.J)

"Why do you use that scalpel-like it's a butter knife?" You asked one day, finally confronting your father after watching your father use that scalpel as if it was attached to him.

He raised his eyebrows before looking down at the piece of toast and scalpel slathering butter on it. "Huh, a force of habit I guess."

"Well, you use it so precisely, can you teach me that?"

"It's not really something to be taught, (Y/N)."

"Hmph, fine. I'll teach myself."

Yeah, that didn't turn out so well. The next thing you knew later that day, was the sliced finger and spraying blood from the sudden incident during your 'practice'.