40. When They Meet Your Girlfriend/Boyfriend

Jeff The Killer

"YOUR WHAT?!"

You gulped, "Uh... my boy/girlfriend... This is who I'm going out with." You weakly gestured to your partner at your side. They smiled nervously and gave a little wave.

Your father sighed, running a hand through his dark hair and sent you a look that said you were in for it. "Can I have a word with my son/daughter... alone?"

You and your partner looked at each other, your look was begging but your partner only winced at the murderous stare your father gave them. Your partner gave you a sheepish smile before saying, "Uh.. sure, I'll just be right over... here."

Your gaze found the floor as your partner headed to the other side of the room, leaving you to your hushed conversation with your distressed father.

"Do you know how dangerous this is? What if they find out about my past?"

"Well, they won't because I already told them."

"WHAT?!"

"Oops..."

That was when your partner, who was tuning in on the conversation all along added. "Yeah I know about you, but I'm not going to tell anyone. It's not like you didn't pay for your crimes."

Your partner's words made you wince as your father turned a confused gaze onto you. "Pay for my crimes?"

You nervously laughed, leaning in to whisper quietly to him. "I told them you were a hit man and went to prison for several years and getting out for good behaviour."

Your father's expression darkened. "Those lies are gonna bite you in the ass in the future you know."

You nodded sadly, already knowing the odd feeling of living the lie for weeks now since you got together with your boy/girlfriend. "I know, but it's the only way to live a somewhat normal life."

That made your father's stiff posture cave a little, his expression softened. Breathing in deeply he says "Go, go have fun with your boy/girlfriend."

You blinked in surprise. "Wait, what? Really?"

"Yeah, yeah." Your father waved a hand as he turned around, back to his room.

You breathed out a sigh of relief and smiled at your partner and you both made your way to your room to do homework.

"BUT THE BEDROOM DOOR STAYS OPEN!" You hear from your father as your partner sends you a cheeky grin, you blushing madly.

Your face explodes from the heat that crept into your face. "DAD!"

Eyeless Jack (E.J) ♦️

Your sneaking around didn't go unnoticed to your father. His 'blindness' was no true impairment to his suspicions of your strange whereabouts.

He tried to be logical, confronting you on the subject but you always seemed to curve the questions. You've lived with your father long enough to work a way around his tricks.

So finally after months of no leads, he finally - and reluctantly - decided to become that one snoopy parent he never wanted to be and followed after you on a late Friday night.

He found you, after a long while, playfully giggling with another your age on the old vacant playground. You were content and playfully fierce with your component as they themselves threw a challenging look back as you both clambered swiftly along the kiddy equipment.

Your father couldn't not smile. You were so happy and suddenly felt a little guilty. You would tell your father eventually and he just had to be patient and you live a little.