41. Heart Break

Jeff the Killer

Your father noticed your bedroom door was closed after school. Usually you and your girl/boyfriend studied in your room regularly, and he was being serious about the door thing.

He knocked, hearing a tiny "come in." Opening the door, he was ready to scold you two only to fall short at the sight of the empty room. No girl/boyfriend here, just you sitting cross legged on your newly made bed with a stuffie held to your chest.

"Uh.. it's just you today?"

"And tomorrow..." You whispered, "and the day after that and... after that one and... yea."

When your father looked confused you explained quietly. "We broke up."

"Oh..." He didn't know what to say.

You didn't either, huffing while nestling your chin further into your stuffie for comfort. Ignoring the piles of homework at the foot of your bed, several notes having your girl/boyfriend's hand writing on them.

"Do... you wanna talk about it?"

"No..." You dryly laughed at your father's suggestion. "You're so awkward, dad. Its just a break up, it's not that bad."

"It probably feels like shit though." Your father hit the nail on the head.

You nodded. "Yea it feels awful, but at least it ended easy, we didn't drawl it on and try to make something that would never work, work."

"I didn't think it would work either."

You half-glared at your father. "That doesn't make me feel better."

He immediately tried explaining, "Well I mean, you are young, this was your first relationship, it's not always gonna be smooth sailing on the first try."

After a moment you accepted his explanation, agreeing. "Yea I guess..."

You let the conversation hang off an awkward pause, eventually it was your father that broke the silence.

"Do you wanna go out for dinner tonight? Take your mind off it for a while?" He suggested.

You thought about it, slowly getting up from your bed, not caring when you knocked school work over. "That's actually a great idea. Thanks." You walked with your father as he lead you out. "I wanna go to (favourite restaurant)."

"Anything for you, (Y/N)." Your father replied, ruffling your hair as you guys went to go eat. Your relationship problems fading away with the food distraction.

Eyeless Jack (E.J)

You stopped sneaking out.

Sure it was a little relieving for your father, who was worried of your whereabouts whenever you'd leave without telling him, but he remembered the reason why you were sneaking out in the first place.

He knocked before entering your room, and boy did it reek of depression.

Clothes were strewn everywhere and empty cups stacked on your desk. the curtains were closed leaving only the hallway light to guide him towards your bed. Feeling like he was running through an obstacle course with all your things blocking the way.

You were huddled in multiple blankets, not even the top of your head could be seen but he could hear your crying. He sat down next to your mountain of protection. "Baby... I'm sorry..."

You sniffed. "Leave me alone..."

"I can't, not when you're this sad."

"But it's embarrassing..." You whined.