Chapter 7: A Night With You Screams Crazy

I said it before but I would say it again. School really sucks sometimes. Not to mention I had zero sleep last night. Thanks to Jesse who had one of his kid tantrums at two in the morning. I mean, how old is he? Five? Jeez! My heart goes out to Mrs. Carson for the trouble she went through last night. Poor woman didn't get any sleep.

I walk through the halls completely spent. Rhen is all sunshines this morning. The freaking girl slept through the entire meltdown! Something about she had grown familiar to it.

I enter my first class and immediately notice Connor. He's wearing a blue shirt with dark blue jeans. He looks good today. Really good. I sit down beside him and give a big smile. He grins back then nudges me. "You look pretty today, as always." He comments.

My smile grows wider. "I could say the same for you." I retort then faced the front still smiling. I'm pretty sure I look sleep deprived but okay.

He glances at me and I glance back at him as he pretends he's deeply buried in the topic. I smile to myself. Soon enough the class ends and I'm heading for the door. A hand circles down on my shoulder and I spin around to face Connor. "Hey, I was wondering if you'd like to...uh...g-go out with me?" I'm about to answer when he cuts me off. "Not like a date. Just to hang out as friends." He clarifies. Then he adds softly, "Don't seem to have much of that."

"Yes." I agree a bit too loud. I lower my voice. "Yeah, seems fun."

"Okay, cool, awesome. We can go when you want to go. You can call me...or text me." He rambles.

"Okay. I can do both but not without your number." I grin.

He hands me his phone and I punch in my number. "Here you go." I hand him his phone.

"We should go to class." He states with a smile.

"We should."

So turns out I'm two minutes late. Big deal for Ms. Simmons. You're going to meet my friend detention today.  Tsk tsk. Probably the only friend she has. I honestly don't get teachers. They act like they were never teenagers and had never screwed up. She didn't even want to hear my excuse for being late! Sure, I don't have a good reason but still! What if I had a good reason?

What if I tripped and fell in the hallway and got a twisted ankle?

What if I somehow got amnesia on the way to class and forgot which class I had!

They just don't give a shit. I slide into my seat still glaring at her. "Ms. Grayson, glaring at me won't get you out of detention." She remarks as she glances over her shoulders while she writes on the board. "It will only hurt your eyes." I roll my eyes. Lucas snickers and throws a paper at her head. My eyes widen as I mentally scold Lucas. Why on earth would he do that?

It hits her at the top of her head then bounces off. She spins around with a frown. "Who did that?" She demands while scanning the classroom. Everyone sit there, not uttering a word. Lucas glares at them as if telling them to not say a word. "If no one owns up to this right now, the entire class will face detention."

A few kids groan and shoot daggers at Lucas who just sits there comfortably. She narrows her eyes at me. "Ms. Grayson-"

"I'm sorry, Ms. Simmons. I was only aiming for the bin near your desk. It was my fault. I'll take full responsibility for it." Lucas says quickly. She sighs before giving me one last look then returns her focus to the board. My mouth opens then closes. She didn't even give him a hard time! If I was the one who did that, I would've gotten an extra day of detention.

Lucas annoys me the entire class. I also ignored him. He can't go a minute without nagging me or cracking a joke that would have the entire class laughing their heads off. Ms. Simmons never said a word about disturbance. She hates me. She hates me because I showed up to her class late. I mean, come on. It was once!