Chapter 22.

Josh was laying on his bed staring at the blank ceiling while Cough Syrup was playing in the background. There were many thoughts rushing around in his brain. While he was with Tyler he tried to be his rock. They said everyone needed a shoulder to cry on and Josh was his. So Josh cried by himself; as the song gingerly quoted he was waiting for the cough syrup to go down. How could he be so stupid? The signs were right there, though in his brain he was to close minded to see it all. Evidently, it wasn't his fault at all but when not guilty at all that's when we seem to be most vulnerable to the topic.

Vibration from his phone broke his silence making him glance down at the screen. It was a text from Debby, and that gained a look of confusion from him.

Debby

Hello Josh, I heard what happened to Tyler. You know that's such a shame. I really hope the school doesn't find out.

Not even bothering with texting back he pushed the call bitten and listen to it ring twice before it was answered.

"Oh hello, Josh."

"Don't hello Josh me. I swear to god if you do any-

"How can you threaten god when he doesn't exist? Anywho, what are you going to do about it, Josh? What can you do about it?"

"Listen here, I don't know how you found out but I can and will make your life a living hell just like you're going to make his if any of that is leaked. Don't forget I was someone you spilled your darkest secrets to and if you don't think I won't spill the one about your little hook up with your dad's coworker you have another thing coming so you better shut up."

It was almost as if she hung up, "They wouldn't believe you."

"You wanna bet?"

"Fine..ill stay quiet."

"Good." He hung up throwing the phone and sighed. The ping of guilt sunk into his chest. Never being mean to anyone was catching up to him.