Her Boss's Baby-Chapter Four

"Kaaayyyylllleeee!" 

Waken from a sound sleep, Jane jumped out of bed, and rushed into the room next door where Trudy was thrashing around on the bed. She touched the old woman's shoulder. "Trudy?"

"Noooooooo, please, noooooo." Trudy screamed again. 

Jane dropped onto the edge of the bed, and took a hold of the woman's shoulders, "Trudy, wake up. It's okay. You're dreaming." 

Trudy's eyes popped open, she grasped Jane's arm with a deathly strong grip, "Kaylee." 

"No," Jane forced her voice to stay at a low calm tone, "It's Jane." 

The glazed look cleared from Trudy's eyes, she blinked a moment, staring up at Jane in puzzlement. "Oh, Jane. Are you alright?" 

Jane smiled, "Yes, I'm am alright. How are you?" 

"I'm tired." Trudy rolled to her side, and closed her eyes. 

Slowly rising off the bed, Jane backed out of the room. 

"She'll be alright." 

Jumping at the sound of his voice, Jane spun around to find Rain standing in the dim hallway. "Oh, geez." She grabbed the door handle to Trudy's room and pulled the door most of the way closed. Leaving it slightly ajar, she punched his arm, "What the hell? You scared the crap out of me, again. Why are you lurking in the dark hallway?" 

Self-conscience about the old sweatpants and tank top she wore to bed, she crossed her arms. Keeping her gaze averted from his chest, she focused on the tattoo on his forearm. She brushed past him to go into the kitchen for a drink of water. 

"Is that ink I see on your back?"

Jane blushed, and turned her back to him, lifting her hair out of the way. Next to her right shoulder blade was a silver police badge with the number 104335 emblazoned across the front. A yellow halo was over the top, and angel wings came off each side. 

"For your dad?" He asked. 

She found a bottle of water in the fridge, and twisted the cap, "Yeah, I got it right after I turned eighteen." 

"I don't know what it is," Rain traced a finger across the wings, "about ink on a woman, but it is incredibly sexy." He pressed a kiss to her shoulder. 

"Rain," She spun around, "What are you doing?" 

He grinned and touched her cheek as he moved closer. 

She backed away, setting the water bottle on the counter as she moved away from him. Her back pressed against the wall stopped her flight. He stopped a breath away,"This is a bad idea, Rain." She whispered, her breath coming in gasps with anticipation. 

"Just one." He murmured, brushing his lips against her jaw. 

"Just one?" She chewed on her lip, as she contemplated his request. Slowly sliding her hands up his chest, she slid her fingers into his short dark hair, she brought his lips to hers. 

*****

Light was shining through the bedroom window as Jane slowly opened her eyes. She was snuggled up tightly against a very masculine, very bare, chest. 

"Good morning!" 

Lifting her head slightly, she looked up into Rain's blue eyes. "Good morning." She sat up, clutching the blanket across her chest, "Oh, God!" 

He sat up behind her, and pressed a kiss to the back of her shoulder, before resting his chin on top. His hand moved around her waist to rest against her stomach, "Are you alright?"