Chapter 13

Over the next couple of Months Mar'i had started to adjust to her new life on Earth. She spent time getting to know her dad, and her adopted honorary aunt and uncles. She and Stephanie had created a sisterly like bond she spent a lot of time teachings Mar'i about the pop culture on earth, Tim was trying to get Mar'i to keep reading Harry Potter books but Stephanie kept screaming nerd every time grabbing Mar'i to the television putting on some sort of movie. One person that had really annoyed her was Damian. He would always mock her just be rude to her. They all told her that's just Damian being Damian and he's like that to literally everyone. She and her dad have gotten the closest together which she was extremely grateful for he told her stories of their old Titans days and her first time on Earth even some of his days as robin which she couldn't help but laugh at some of the stories but still she had yet to tell him what happened to her mother. He now she hasn't seen her and years but does not know the fate that has become of her. Jason occasionally has popped in and out to say hi and how Mar'i is adjusting to her new life. Personally Mar'i thinks Jason is her favorite uncle he's funny, sarcastic, and in a way understands her.

One thing that Mar'i was bothered by over the past couple months was every night when they would all leave to go on patrol she wanted to ask her dad is she could be the her she wanted to be ever since she was little when her mom would tell her some of her heroic tales. But she still thought it was too early her dad would obviously say no. In a way she understood he just met his daughter he would want to protect her but first she knew she should have to come clean so she knew tonight was the night she would ask him.

_____________________________

Later that night Mar'i and her dad were sitting down watching a movie they were at the end of the movie the credits rolling down the screen.

" Hey dad um......I need to talk to you somewhere private."

" Sure sweetie is everything okay?"

She gulped, " Yeah I just need to tell you something really important."

" okay follow me."

They walked up the stairs to her bedroom both sitting down on the bed.

"Ummm ok then." She paused. " So there's something that I should've told you before when I first came here."

" Okay What is it?" Biting his lip worried.

" Well remember how I said that I haven't seen mom since the day I was captured."

" Yes."

" Well there's more to the story....that day when they attacked my mom was trying to send me to Earth to stay with you and that's when she gave me the bag with the letters and stuff.....but the when I entered the pod one of them came and attack my mom and they started fighting and.....and she was killed." Her voice started to crack her eyes becoming watery.

Looking straight into his daughters eyes that looked so much like her mothers he froze to try and sink that thought in Kori dead? It's almost impossible to think for him.

He can't cry he has to be strong he thinks.

" Oh......uh.....um." Is all he could quietly slip out of his mouth. He had no words.

He grabbed her into a hug rocking her back and forth saying everything is going to be okay.

" IT'S NOT FAIR!" She sobbed.

Tears soaking her shirt.

" I know, I know it isn't fair but everything will be fine." His voice croaked.

" The worst part is it's all my fault!"

" No it's not possibly all your fault you played no part in this Mar'i things like this they just....happen."