Chapter 17

"Mar'i Tamaran is gone."

Gone she thought. Her head spirilling into thousands of little pieces trying to sink in the four words spoken.

" What do you mean gone? that's- that's impossible!" She shrieked.

" Were Sorry Mar'i We had Green lantern look everywhere not a trace of it is standing we think over the course of the war they managed to blow it up we don't know if there are any refugees but we will keep up the search for now anyways." Red Robin explained.

"Excuse me." Immediately flying Past them not knowing where she was heading. She needed to clear her mind, flying is always what helped her feel....free. She could her for a split second one crying out for her to come back, did she give a shit..no.

She finally stopped at a hill overlooking the city slowly coming back towards the ground she goes the the edge and lies down looking up at the sky. Seeing the thousands if not millions of stars shining either brightly or faintly. The sky was so much different than Tamarans but magnificently more beautiful. She and her mom used to fly up the the top of the palace and lie down and just think. Motioning towards her hand gliding it towards a part of the sky where she would tell her, " And there my little starshine all the way past the Vega system is Earth." She wondered how far it would've been from here is she could even the slightest bit see it. Probably not , she thought considering it's destroyed. One of the week only other things left to get that made her feel hopeful was gone. Her mother alongside her while people and planet gone.

"What am I then?" She whispered.

Taking both of her hands sparking bright green starbolt flecks above her.

But what was she then. Her alien roots gone stuck on a planet that only carried 50% of her. Only her powers remained which she feared what if they were too go away. What would be left of her....nothing.

She heard a faint rustling in the trees.

" You can come out now." She said.

Hearing the bush rattle footsteps approaching.

" Grayson is worried ."

Just Damian.

" Lemme guess he sent you to fetch me once again."

" No actually I did this on my own." Slowly walking towards her plopping down next to her lying down.

" Why do you care it seems you never cared about me nor anyone else's feelings." She slightly whispered.

" Because believe it or not small Grayson I do care and I'm especially fond of you as I am of Grayson."

" Really." She snorted.

" Look I just wanted to say I know how you feel....lost without any doubt. You lost your mother and your whole planet....literally. You don't know who you are or which part of you is any less real anymore. Growing up Grandfather had a plan...we were going to rule with an iron fist but as always things change. I thought my mother cared but it turns out I was for her own personal.....gains.Ever since father took me in I've changed....become more sensible to the world around me and saw a different view. Everyone sees me as this despicable brat but there's more to what's on the inside......over time it's taken me in fact still has taken me time to find my place amongst the others and the world. Your fathers especially helped me through what father couldn't do for me...he even almost considered adopting me as his own."

" No your kidding seriously?" She Asked perking up.

" Yes I don't show it but I am grateful for it."

" wow I...I didn't know you felt that way. You know what Dami your actually pretty sweet." She smiled looking at him.

" One thing I've come to admire about you small Grayson is your loyalty to others and your family. No matter what you will do anything but you won't let loosing someone at the cost..:something that most of us don't posses. I can see Koriandr has taught you well."

They sat there for a few minutes just looking up in the sky.

Mar'i then wrapped her arms around Damian squeezing him in a tight hug. " Wow Dami I didn't realize you could actually compliment someone." She laughed. " But thank you you made me feel so much better!"

" Uh- Uh you can let go now." Gasping for air he wheezed.

" Oh-Uh sorry still getting used to it."

" none taken."

They got up and Mar'i started walking towards the further end of the cliff clutching her fists.

" They're our there. I know they are and I'm going to find out whoever destroyed my home."

" In time it will happen but for now we focus on  now."

" I know I ya just so unreal I can't believe they're gone.....all my people...I blame myself."

" Why would you possibly blame yourself."

" Because Damian it was my mom who tried to let me escape before I could get captured if she hadn't been distracted in me she wouldn't have been killed and we wouldn't have lost the damn war. And what's did it matter for years I was captured, tortured, enslaved, called  Troq or freak every where I went. All thanks to me I destroyed my planet....my people." She grabbed both of her shoulders shivering squeezing her eyes shut. Her Tamaranian instinct for letting her emotions out got the worst in her.

" Grayson you can't blame yourself for any of this none of it was even your fault your mother was trying to protect you...you were all she had left of here...."

" I mean I guess your right it's....just not fair....it should've been me instead of them."

" Sirting here mourning and dwelling isn't going to solve anything.we already have a search out for any remainders we can find....I'm sure they're still out there trust me."

" Fine...."
She hugged him back again this time tried pulling her off.

" stop mini Grayson I hand me that was a onetime thing."

" Ohhhhh Dami you aren't getting away from this." Still squeezing him.

Finally releasing him he started to walk off then pause.

" You know I hacked into oracles comms and there's a stakeout on 63rd and 64th if you want to join." He smirked.

" You mean like partners?"

" Well don't get too cocky it's just this once."

So they leaped off nighstar carrying robin flying back towards the inner city.

And that's how Nightstar and Robin were born.