Chapter Six - Secret

„Don't treat me like I'm the president, I hate that".

„It's just", I started, while I played with the hem of my jumper. „It's not usual to eat with a star".

„No no no, you're just eating with Jamie", he corrected. 

I smiled and raised my head. He was sill looking at me with his beautiful eyes. This shade of blue is just so hypnoticing, I couldn't help myself. 

„How long do you know Alex?", I asked. „It seems like he changes Hanna, and that scares me. She never was so.. mean".

„Well, like five years I guess, but I think he's not the dominant part in a relationship".

„Hmm", I grumbled and sighed. 

„Maybe there's something she hasn't told you yet that changed her", he suspected.

„No, that's impossible, she always told me everything", I contradicted, with the emphasis on the last word.

He shook his head. „People always have that one thing, noone knows but themselves".

I bit my lip. That brought me to cogitate. Is that possible? But what could have happened that she can't even tell ME, her best friend for years? 

„Don't try to figure out what it could be. Either she'll tell you, or not".

„Thanks", I said, staring in his eyes, which looked like wide oceans, inviting you to come closer, close. I fell deeper and deeper, lost in them. If he knows about the effect of his eyes?

„Thank you, I'm glad I could speak to someone", I added after long wait. 

„Not for that".

„I-I should go", I stuttered, grabbing my coat.

„Ah, by the way", it came to my mind. „Nice flat", I smiled, Jamie also, while he accompained me to his door. One foot on the threshold, he touched my shoulder. „Don't get that wrong, but.. just forget about your job, leastways what you captured tonight", he seemed insecure.

„Don't be afraid, as soon as I'm out of office, I don't even think about my job", I laughed, and his face changed into relieved.