Chapter Fourteen - Unbelievable

„N-No I can´t. It wasn´t my work”, I replied and hang up. 

I couldn´t do that. Jamie shouldn´t think that I´ve done this to get a better job or something. He shouldn´t think I´ve written this. I pressed my hands against my forehead. Time to go now.

„Aah!”, I shrieked, as I saw Jamie sitting on my sofa. 

„What are you doing here?”. 

He stood up and came to me angrily.

„That´s so stupid..”, he whispered.

„Y-You really think I´ve written this?!”.

„Believe me, I really don´t want to think so, but the facts are clear. I mean, who else should´ve done this?”.

„If I knew it..”.

„I´m really disappointed, Thea”, he said with a sad, but soft voice, so that a warm shiver shot through my whole body.

„I know, and if I could prove that it wasn´t me.. you have to believe me”.

„I truly will, but I can´t”.

„I thought you know me”.

„Yea, I thought that too”.

„How did you get in at all?!”

„Hanna gave me the spare key”.

I shook my head disbelieving. She´s so brazenly.

He was about to go and I realized, I lost the last person in my life.

„Please don´t go..”, I begged. His last glance full of sadness broke me. 

In the door frame he puts on his cap and disappeared. 

I tried to hold down the tears in my vacuous eyes, I wanted to be strong. 

Somebody wants to ruin my entire life. Deliberate. If I find out who it is, I swear, I´ll give it back to him. 

„Jim, Jim! Thanks for opening the door. Have you read the new issue?”

His eyes twisted. „Thea, I think there are more important things”. He was about to close the door again, but I stopped it with my foot.

„No, wait! Somebody´s trying to ruin me”.

„Do you have a guess who might have been this?”, he asked after I told him the whole story.

„No, I don´t know, I´m to upset to think about it”.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

And the second chapter for today. Hope you like it. :-)