Chapter 3 - The Demoness's Natural Enemy

Life as a bum with nothing but a computer and ramen noodles suddenly seemed like the life. What was Xiu Xiang thinking when she wished to become the Demoness?

Getting an inch but wanting the mile. Xiu Xiang wanted to kick herself over and over. She was in so much pain as she peered down at the map given by Wang Yue.

In the novel, Xiu Xiang never got beat up by Wang Yue like this in the bamboo grove. Did her mishap cause this change?

The storyline seemed to be going in a linear path. The only change was Xiu Xiang was badly beaten and bruised. She wanted to apologize to the Demoness for insulting her actions that caused her early death. Those people really deserved death, she thought bitterly only to take several deep breaths.

"Remember what you learned in the temple... patience and tolerance. Despite all this, do good onto others and others will do good onto you," she breathed quietly.

The night air was colder than expected. Her uniform was thin and barely kept her warm. She was the least loved and least taken care of in the north peak. Sighing at her unfortunate fate, she followed the map with ease until she came upon a beautiful pavilion. A barrier erected over it but Xiu Xiang can easily pass through because of a token pass that Wang Yue had easily obtained and never returned. She snuck through and searched the pavilion. She had just started in the bedroom when a shadow crept out from the darkness and a sharp glowing blade cast upon her neck.

"Make a sudden move and you'll lose your head," came a sharp voice. Xiu Xiang gulped. She didn't even notice the person in the room. In fact, there shouldn't be anyone in the room at all!

Seeing the glowing blade could only mean that Wei Xing had returned early from his training. In the novel, she got caught by guards not Wei Xing himself! She wasn't supposed to meet him for at least ten more years.

She wasn't too worried about her identity being revealed as she had covered her face with a veil and even switched into an old set of clothes but just in case, she purposely arrived earlier than usual in order to avoid the guard that she was supposed to run into. If she had known she'd bump into the owner himself, she'd rather deal with the guard!

"Who are you?" he asked. His voice sounded quite cold, but it held no killing intent like Wang Yue.

"I'm..." Xiu Xiang trailed off. Should she beg for her life now? She was as good as dead now that she was caught. Wei Xing was the upholder of righteousness. She had snuck into his pavilion. No matter what, he would definitely turn her over to the guards and be dragged back to North Peak.

Of all the luck! Damn that stupid white jade for transporting me here in the first place!

Might as well grab onto the closest thigh and pray that her punishment wasn't as severe. She got down on her knees and wept.

"I'm merely a lowly disciple from the North Peak. I was threatened to come here and steal a manuscript from you," she cried.

There was silence and then he spoke, "Ratting out your sibling disciple? Disgusting!"

This was it, Xiu Xiang thought. She was going to die now. It seems her fate was worse off than the Demoness!

Her vision suddenly blurred, and she felt the world spin around her.

"Dammit. No strength and I'm hungry as hell. Of course I would be on the verge of fainting," she thought miserably. She tumbled forward but was quickly caught in the arms of someone. She peeked up and saw the most gorgeous face in the world. If she thought Wang Yue was good looking, she must've been blind. Beautiful smooth skin like jade, soft kissable lips, and lovely bone structure. He seemed to be a few years older than her right now but given time, he'd be even more handsome. Despite feeling like crap, Xiu Xiang wanted to slap herself. She was talking about a seventeen some year old boy. She may be fifteen now, but in reality, she's already in her thirties. What was she exactly? A pedophile?

What was the point of even thinking about this? This teenage boy would grow up to become her sworn enemy in the future! She would soon become the Demoness who everyone feared and he was the holy saint who was going to strike her down and bring peace back into the world.

Scrubbing her mind free of such thoughts, she tried to stand up properly only to struggle. An arm wrapped around her waist to help her stand up but she instantly let out a sharp gasp. His hand accidently brushed against the scar on her back. A warm trickle seeped down her back and she knew that the scar had ripped open.

Fuck my life right now...

The pain was so unbearable, she wanted to hurl.

"Let go of me!" she cried and pushed him away only to fall to the ground.

"You're injured," he stated as he took a quick look at his palm that was covered in blood. "Were you threatened to this extent?"

Xiu Xiang didn't bother to reply. She was already in enough trouble. Mentioning more would only make the punishment twice as worse.

"I'll leave but let me rest for a bit here. I think I'll die if I tried to go back now," Xiu Xiang simply said. She sat in a lotus position and tried to use her inner energy to heal herself. No such luck. Her inner bowels were all out of whack. What the fudge did those bastards do to this body?

She spat out blood drenching the veil that covered her face. It was hard to breathe with a wet bloody veil so she had no choice but to take it off.

Wei Xing who had been standing in silence suddenly moved when he saw her face. Was he repulsed by her face? She wanted to laugh. She was in the presence of such a beautiful young boy. She must looked a fright. She heard something click behind her and then Wei Xing was crouched down beside her.

"Using your inner energy won't do much good. Here, take this. It'll at least heal the scars you have," he said as he held out a small pill. Xiu Xiang looked down at it feeling quite reluctant. She wasn't keen on trusting anyone. In the novel, the Demoness trusted Wang Yue and look where it got her.

Just when she was about to decline the pill, he suddenly tossed the pill into her mouth and slapped a hand over her mouth to keep her from spitting it out. She was forced to swallow it and almost immediately, she felt the pill take effect. The pain was mostly gone as she felt new skin wrap over the open gash on her body. Did he just help her? Him, the holy saint who despised all demons? Well, she wasn't the Demoness yet, but she felt a wave of gratitude towards him. He was the first person who showed her any ounce of kindness. She brought her hands together and managed to thank Wei Xing.

"Xiu Xiang will never forget your kindness," she said with her head lowered.

"No need. I simply didn't want someone dying in my room," he said dully.

How cold, she thought as she slowly got up to her feet.

"I will still thank you regardless," she said. She had learned to return kindness and vowed to return the favor one day.

"Seeing as you haven't stolen anything yet, leave and never do this again," he warned and traveled across the room to sit on his bed. Xiu Xiang simply nodded.