Chapter 42-The Enemy Makes a Realization

Almost a month had passed since the bedroom incident. Wei Xing never bothered to check on Xiu Xiang while she made sure to steer clear of him. Since they both lived on opposite sides of the Night Palace, they were bound to never see each other unless they were forced into the same room.

During this time, Xiu Xiang spent her days restoring her strength. She had already restored more than half of her energy. She had the Demon Realm's dense energy to thank for. Right when she was about to decide whether she should sneak out to find some food or not, her personal guards appeared at her door.

"My lord," the captain of the guards addressed.

If Wei Xing was around he would've recognized these guards as the same guards who almost caught Wei Xing when Xiu Xiang was bathing. It didn't take long to convince the captain of her personal guards that she was the real Xiu Xiang. All she had to do was mention an embarrassing story that only she and the captain knew.

"Bai Er, how did it go?" Xiu Xiang asked without even looking at her guards. Her personality had slowly reverted to the time when she was the Demoness.

"We've checked thoroughly. The cultivator named Wang Yue from Tian Ling Sect is indeed dead. Everyone else who was at the Cliff of Abyss also died except for a woman named Song Yi Yan," Bai Er reported.

"And what of Wang Yue's activities before he died?"

"He spent all his time within Tian Ling Sect before his death except a month ago, he was given a mission to got to Jade Mountain Range."

"Jade Mountain Range..."

That was the place where Xiu Xiang had woken up in her real body and where the Demoness's body was stored.

"Did you see any strange demons between Tian Ling Sect and Jade Mountain Range?"

"Nothing out of the ordinary."

If there had been any human forcefully turned into demons, there would've been chaos by now. Since there was nothing then it could only mean that Wang Yue was the only human who had been forcefully turned into a demon.

Somewhere along Tian Ling Sect and Jade Mountain Range, Wang Yue had turned into a demon. Somehow, Xiu Xiang didn't believe it completely. If it was indeed related to the real Demoness in the novel, then he could only have turned into a demon either at Jade Mountain Range or within Tian Ling Sect as the places in between both places have no correlation with the Demoness.

There were no other clues to go off of and Wang Yue was dead. Could she have been worried over nothing?

"My lord?" Bai Er's voice snapped Xiu Xiang back to reality. Whether she was overthinking this or not, she couldn't put it to rest unless she investigated it herself. That was of course after she had put something in her stomach first. Her stomach growled loudly as if a beast was living inside of her.

"Where's Hua Jian?" she asked.

"Hua Jian had been ordered by Lord Wei to investigate how to dig out your old body from Jade Mountain Range."

Dig out her old body? What for?

In that split second, she wanted to smack herself silly. In any case, she already decided she wanted nothing to do with Wei Xing. Why should she care what he wanted to do?

Since Hua Jian wasn't around, she could only use the portal gate in the west lands.

"You all are dismissed." Xiu Xiang strolled past them and was about to leave the room when Bai Er asked, "Where is my lord going?"

Xiu Xiang frowned. She has never once been questioned on what she was doing. She slowly turned around to face the captain of the guards and raised an eyebrow at her.