Chapter 45-Troublesome Li Siblings

It was already the third day of the Lunar Festival in Lotus City and it was in full swing. Lanterns of all shapes and sizes were hung all over, painting colors to the normally dull city. Traveling acts drew many spectators. On the northern part of the town, there was even a stage set up for a fighting competition.

Xiu Xiang had taken quite a few days before she finally arrived at the festive city. Ever since Xiu Xiang transmigrated, she never once got to enjoy a celebration as big as this. She saw many traveling troupes enter the city along with her. Suddenly remembering the circus troupe that she had ran into a few days ago, she knew she was bound to bump into them eventually. Not wanting to cause a commotion so soon when the celebration had just started, she remembered seeing a booth selling masks. She walked over the booth and randomly bought a painted face mask. Donning the mask, she brusquely walked past the traveling troupes.

She had already forgotten that the reason why she came to this town was to feed her stomach. There were so many things on display that her hunger quickly dissipated. She would pause in her steps every now and then. 

"It would've more fun if I had brought someone else with me..." she thought. With that thought in mind, she felt guilty about leaving the Night Guards behind to deal with her disappearance. She passed a jewelry store and decided to go in to look. She might as well buy something for her guards since she had left them hanging.

There were many things on display. She randomly picked several pieces of jewelries for the guards and then decided that she'll get something for the flashy Hua Jian too. She looked around and saw a pretty red jade pendant. Right as her hand reached out for it, another dainty hand also reached out for it. Upon touching it at the same time, Xiu Xiang turned her head to see a young girl in a lovely pink dress. Each piece of jewelry on her was worth thousands of gold coins. As soon as they made eye contact with each other, a scowl appeared on the girl's face. This girl just so happens to be Li Yue, the daughter of the City Magistrate. The scowl on her face quickly disappeared as soon as a male voice sounded.

"Yue Er, did you find anything that interests you?" Right behind this Li Yue girl stood a young man who was a head taller than Xiu Xiang. He was dressed in dark blue robes. There was a cheerful and bright aura around the young man. He smiled dotingly at Li Yue.

This man was Chu Ling, son of the famous General Chu of the Long Kingdom. He was quite famous for his humble reputation. He was even a disciple from the famed Fire Temple of the Five Holy Temples.

Li Yue whipped around to look at Chu Ling and smiled. "Ling Gege, I think this red jade pendant would look good on you! What do you think?" 

Li Yue didn't care that Xiu Xiang had been looking at the pendant, she snatched it before Xiu Xiang could say anything and held it in front of Chu Ling.

Xiu Xiang frowned but didn't want to cause any trouble. She hasn't even had her fill of the festival yet. Besides, it was just a piece of ordinary jade. She decided to pick something else out for Hua Jian instead. She looked around and saw a white jade thumb ring. Right when she picked it up, an image of Wei Xing wearing the ring popped up in her mind.

Quickly wiping the image out of her mind, she was about to put it away only to stop herself. It really was a pretty jade ring. She couldn't bear to put it down. Xiu Xiang sighed and gave in. She was about to call over the clerk to pay for the things she picked out only someone else had their eyes on the ring she was holding.

Chu Ling's eyes passed over Li Yue and happened to see Xiu Xiang holding the white jade ring. To others it might be an ordinary jade ring, but he knew that the piece of jade that the ring had been molded out of was a special type of jade. It could help sustain one's internal energy when cultivating. Li Yue followed Chu Ling's line of sight until it landed on the ring Xiu Xiang was holding. Right away, Li Yue walked over to Xiu Xiang.