Chapter 32-Confrontation

Things weren't looking good as cultivators poured in through the portal. They were led by Sect Leader Lin and Sect Leader Bai. Bai Qing followed closely behind as they slashed their way through. Not knowing that the demons were under a pact, they breezed through the first layer of defense with ease, thinking that the demons were extremely weak.

"That Demoness dared to send weak leveled demons to attack us? How ridiculous!" a young cultivator laughed. They were slowly approaching the Night Palace, when they saw three people floating in midair.

They recognize one of them right away.

"Elder Wei!" shouted one of the disciples.

Hua Jian held Wei Xing by the neck while Xiu Xiang had both her hands behind her back as she looked down at the righteous cultivators like a pack of ants. She wanted to laugh.

These righteous cultivators thought that she had sent low leveled demons to fight with them. If she hadn't placed pact seals within their bodies, would a single one of them even be able to break through?

"Xiu Xiang, let Wei Xing go!" Bai Qing shouted.

Xiu Xiang's eyes fell on her and noticed that there wasn't even a shred of kindness left within her. Anyone could see the jealousy and anger seeping off Bai Qing's body. It was so easy tell, she might as well stamp a sign across her forehead saying so.

"What is this? Bai Qing, didn't you ask me to help you escape this marriage with Wei Xing? What do you look so jealous as if I've stolen your husband?"

"He would've been my husband if you hadn't kidnapped him!" Bai Qing shouted back angrily.

A sharp laughter filled the air.

"Just because I took him away, now you suddenly want him? Are you the type of person to only give chase once they no longer look your way?"

"You!" Bai Qing was quickly pulled back by Sect Leader Bai.

Then Sect Leader Lin stepped forward.

"Let go of my disciple, Demoness!" he ordered.

"Sure, I'll let him go. Only after you agree to open the Cave of Inheritance," Xiu Xiang replied.

"Insolence! Do you understand the severity should the Demon King's soul gets released?" Sect Leader Lin asked sharply.

She didn't reply. She knew exactly what would happen if she should release the other half of the Demon King's soul. She had a theory when she met the new Hua Jian.

In the novel, Hua Jian was a complete demon with both good and bad traits. When she entered the novel, Hua Jian's soul had been divided. Xiu Xiang was almost sure that the Demon King's soul had been split the same way. If she had met the kind half in the abyss, then it could only mean that the evil half was locked away in the Cave of Inheritance. It was no wonder that there were so many barriers before it.

Still, she needed to release the Demon King's soul in order to remove the golden shackles on her that she had been hiding with her spiritual energy. Lately, the golden shackles had gotten heavier on her and even after Hua Jian tried to dispel the weight on it, it still felt extremely heavy. It was getting to the point where even her injuries would affect the strength of the shackles. Wouldn't she die much faster with these things around her? Was she merely being used by the Demon King? Was this to insure that she would release the other part of him once she was freed from the abyss?

There were so many unanswered questions that annoyed her to the point where it merged with the anger she felt when she realized that Wei Xing had been lying to her all along. All the emotions she felt pooled into one and she directed her anger at the group of cultivators before her.