Chapter 49-Black Bandit Group Appears

Just then, a flash of light blue darted in front of Li Yun. A pair of slender arms wrapped tightly around Li Yun, then he felt himself fall to the ground as he rolled away in the warm embrace. When he opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was a beautiful pair of sharp eyes looking down at him.

"You...!" Li Yun didn't get to say anything. Xiu Xiang had already set him on his feet as she shouted, "Dumb brat! What were you thinking stepping right into a battle?"

"I..." In fact, Li Yun wasn't thinking. All he knew was that the lady he was looking for was right in front of his eyes. He looked down, unable to face the pretty lady in front of him.

Seeing that her little brother almost got hurt by her, instead of blaming herself, Li Yue blamed it on Xiu Xiang.

"You bitch! Because of you, I almost hurt my brother! I want your life!" she screamed. She jumped forward, having forgotten that her little brother was still in Xiu Xiang's embrace.

Having lost all patience for Li Yue, Xiu Xiang decided enough was enough. Her eyes flashed a brilliant red. She raised out her palm. A fire arrow emerged from within her palm. She aimed and the fire arrow sped forward, piercing through Li Yue's left shoulder. Not only did it pierce through skin, it even burned her entire shoulder. A scent of burnt meat pervaded the air as Li Yue dropped to the ground. Her body twitched harshly from the bloody burnt injury.

"Yue Er!" Chu Ling screamed.

"Elder sister!" Li Yun cried. He escaped Xiu Xiang's embrace and rushed to his sister's side at the same time that Chu Ling appeared on the stage next to Li Yue. When Li Yun saw how horrible the injury was, he glared angrily at her.

"Why did you hurt my sister?!" Li Yun cried.

Xiu Xiang didn't explain herself. For a child like Li Yun, he wouldn't understand how the world works. It was strongest of the fittest. However, she felt her heart tugged, being stared at like a monster. When she was the Demoness, everyone's eyes on her looked just like the boy's: fear and loathing.

Chu Ling quickly poured a jar of medicine into Li Yue's mouth then staunched the injury with powder. Once he was sure that Li Yue's life wasn't in jeopardy, he finally turned to look at Xiu Xiang. The look on her face was cold and merciless. How was such a young girl able to produce such a killing intent? He even felt scared of her for a moment.

Xiu Xiang saw that Li Yue could no longer fight and she also didn't want to stay any longer. She was just about to leave when there was a commotion from the crowd. The crowd quickly parted ways revealing a group of men on horses.

Every single man gave off a dangerous aura as they stared right at the stage. Their eyes quickly zoomed in on Xiu Xiang.

Xiu Xiang recognized one of them right away. It was that Big Brother Yu who led the Black Bandit Group. Next to him was a young man in his early twenties. His dead cold eyes reveal a murderous glint. He smiled at the sight of Xiu Xiang.

"Is that her?" His cold voice rang out causing fear among the crowd.

"Yes, Leader Situ Long," Big Brother Yu replied.

Situ Long looked at Xiu Xiang and said sternly, "Woman, hand over everything that you stole from us and maybe I'll leave your dead body intact."

Despite feeling like crap, Xiu Xiang managed to laugh. She smirked at Situ Long and asked, "You're talking about the things you stole?"

"It belongs to us!" a lanky youth roared.

"Ha! Because it's stolen so it's yours? Since I've stolen them from you, it's now mine. Why are you here trying to claim it as yours?"