Chapter 7-The Hunt

Meanwhile, Master Feng Mian was pacing back and forth nervously in his room. When he fought with Xiu Xiang, for a moment, he could feel strength growing deep within her. He had already destroyed her power core once. Even with a Qi Rejuvenation Pill, she shouldn't have been able to become that strong that fast.

When he first took Xiu Xiang in after his Senior Brother passed away, he wanted to use her as an outlet for all the rage and frustration he built up from competing with him. He loved every moment of seeing her in pain but then he had a premonition, a horrible one. Far off into the future, Xiu Xiang would kill him and the entire North Peak. Fearing for his life, he purposely destroyed Xiu Xiang's power core during a fake training and had been giving her fake pills to make it seem as if he was treating her when in fact he really hadn't. He had checked his storage of pills thoroughly, but nothing was out of place. It could only mean that someone else had given her the pill or worse, she had been able to heal herself.

He once remembered his Senior Brother say that he felt strong potential in Xiu Xiang. He, himself, had witnessed how fast Xiu Xiang's growth was and it scared him. Even without that premonition, if he let Xiu Xiang continue to grow, within ten years, she would surpass him, the master! That would've been a horrible damage to his ego and pride. He wouldn't have it! He already lost to his Senior Brother. He wasn't about to lose to his Senior Brother's disciple either.

"I need to get rid of this thorn in my side..." he thought bitterly as he bit at his thumb nervously. His face scrunched up as he tried to think of an idea. He spent an entire night feeling restless until an idea struck him.
"The hunting competition is coming up soon... yes... I'll have Wang Yue kill her in the forest. Once the demon beasts eat her body, there will be no evidence left behind..." He cackled evilly to himself.

Xiu Xiang spent the next couple of months trying to heal on her own. Instead of sleeping, she would spend the cold nights going deep into the forest to collect herbs to pound into a paste as medicine as she had no energy to turn it into a pill which would've been much faster and more efficient.

"If only I was in the West Peak... Wei Xing would've jumped in to help," she thought. The cold boorish guy, he was. Despite it all, he was kind. She couldn't help but smile when she remembered the beautiful rare smile he had given her down at the bottom of the mountain.

The finished paste stunk horribly as she smeared it over her injuries. It finally closed up but if she moved too fast or moved too roughly, her fresh skin would break, and the injury would open again. It was a constant repeat as she was forced back on the heavy-duty chores again, carrying buckets of water from the bottom of the mountain and chopping firewood. She was surprised she hasn't frozen to death yet. Signs of winter was coming as each passing night got colder. Frost could be seen at night and early in the morning.

The morning chores weren't even done yet when one of the North Peak disciples came looking for Xiu Xiang.
"Hey, waste. Master is looking for you!" he called out. Once he was done he took off looking quite irritated and even added some choice swear words. Xiu Xiang dug the head of her axe into one of the firewood that she had been chopping and headed for Master Feng Mian's courtyard. She didn't know why he would look for her. She made sure to avoid troubles despite being constantly bullied while doing her chores.

In the courtyard of Master Feng Mian's there stood Liu Li, Wang Yue, Song Yi Yan, and Ren Wu Ji. Four of his best disciples were waiting and chattering nonstop until they saw Xiu Xiang walk in.

"What are you doing here, Waste?" Ren Wu Ji snickered. Xiu Xiang was just as confused as they were. It obviously didn't look like anything good. The door to Master Feng Mian's villa opened and he walked out dressed in fine purple garment. His hands were behind his back as he eyed one disciple to another.