Chapter 29-Please Don't Leave Me

Over the next few days, Wei Xing was constantly harassed by Xiu Xiang, all so that he would eat. When he sent Xiu Xiang away with his robes, he had purposely planted a communication bug in it, so that he could eavesdrop on her conversation. Hearing what she had in store for him, he was angered and confused. What she said contradicted her actions.

From what he picked up on her conversation, all he was to her was a pawn to help her free the Demon King's soul. If he really was just a pawn, there was no need for her to care about his wellbeing. In fact, he really should be locked up in a prison somewhere where no one can find him, yet here he was within her harem, being treated like royalty.

Before Feng Yue had given him a lot of grief but when Xiu Xiang found out, he was reprimanded and was even demoted. According to the people living in the harem, Xiu Xiang never bothered to enter the harem at all until he arrived.

Would it be conceited of him to think that her visits to the harem was because of him?

He wanted to mentally slap himself. How could he selfishly think about himself right now? He shouldn't be indulging himself. He needed to concentrate on the task at hand. For now, he needed to buy Xiu Xiang's trust and get out of the harem first. Then, when he leaves the Demon Realm with Xiu Xiang, he'll just kidnap her back to Tian Ling Sect. He'll find a way to remove the demons within her and return her to how she was.

Xiu Xiang arrived at the same time again. Most of the people living in the harem had gotten used to her arrival and already set a table full of delicacies. Wei Xing had ultimately given up sitting in the corner and joined Xiu Xiang at the table when she arrived.

The two were eating in silence when suddenly a guard rushed into the harem. He kept his head down as he tried hard to not look at any of his lord's women and men.

"My lord! A rebellion has occurred on the outskirts of the west lands," the guard said as he dropped down to one knee to relay the situation.

Xiu Xiang remembered that the west lands were managed by Elder Hui, the younger brother of the late Elder Hui, who had been burnt to ashes in order to show her dominance over the other elders. He was smarter than his older brother so Xiu Xiang had him take over the late Elder Hui's position, but it would seem that blood was thicker than water.

The younger brother had probably raised an army in secret in order to overthrow her.

She calmly set her chopsticks down and said, "Have Hua Jian get ready. It looks like I've been too lenient on the Hui Family."

She was just about to leave when her arm was caught by Wei Xing.

"Let me go with you," Wei Xing said.

"You've sealed your spiritual core. You won't be of any help," Xiu Xiang told him. She tried to throw him off, but he held on tight.

"Even without my spiritual core, I can still be of help," Wei Xing said.

"Wei Xing, have you forgotten that you're my hostage?" Her words came out harsher than she had intended. Once again, she knew this was the perfect opportunity to get rid of her enemy, but the thought of him dying tugged at her heart and she couldn't explain why. She passed off the feeling as a sense of duty to the Demon King.

Of course, she thought. He's needed to free the Demon King's soul.

She shook him off and rushed out of the harem as fast as she could before Wei Xing managed to convince her.

Xiu Xiang's disappearing back left Wei Xing feeling apprehensive. He was instantly reminded of the day that Xiu Xiang had disappeared. It was only when she was gone, that he realized how much he came to like that strange, weak, and naïve girl. Every night since then, he would have nightmares about her leaving and never coming back. Now that she was back in his sights, how could he have the heart to let her leave his side again?