Chapter 14-Robbed Under One's Nose

Xiu Xiang's eyes fluttered open as she stood up in the darkness of the cave. The spiritual energy around the cave seemed to have been mostly spent up by her. She could barely sense any left.

It only seemed like yesterday when she had fallen into the cave and met the Demon King's soul. She breathed out a heavy sigh and lifted a palm high up into the air. Energy rippled around her as she gathered a concentrated ball of energy into her hand.

Like a bullet, the ball of energy sped through the darkness, pierced the cutting winds and blast into the sky. With nothing else to hinder her, she scaled the walls of the cave with ease until she made it to the top of the Cliff of Abyss. The ball of energy she shot up into the sky finally exploded like a large firework, lighting up the cliffside.

Almost immediately, she heard the sound of bells ringing in the distance. That was the bell Tian Ling Sect used in an emergency. It must've gone off because of her.

She turned to look in the direction of where North Peak was. She was so tempted to go over to exact her revenge. Oh, she wanted to shred each person to pieces so badly that fists shook angrily by her side. She ignored the constant tolling of the bell and walked over to a large boulder by the edge of the cliff. Putting her forefinger and middle finger together, she gathered her energy into the tips of her fingers and carved out some words.

Then her feet started to move of their own accord. She breezed through the forest and made her way toward North Peak. Everyone was already rushing toward the Cliff of Abyss leaving the peak with only a few disciples.

Xiu Xiang easily took them down before they even got a chance to glance at her face.

"Has it really been ten years...?" Xiu Xiang thought as she took in her surroundings. Everything still looked the same. Her eyes fell on the pole that she was constantly tied to while being whipped. Anger surged from deep within her as the pain of her suffering surfaced to the forefront of her mind.

With a wave of her sleeves, the pole combusted and erupted into flames. Without another look, she made her way down the gravel pathway until she came upon Master Feng Mian's pavilion. A hazy looking barrier in the shape of a dome covered the pavilion.

Under normal circumstances, it would keep out intruders but Xiu Xiang didn't fall under normal circumstances. She hadn't trained ruthlessly for ten years only to get locked out from a simple mid-level barrier like Master Feng Mian's.

She slowly raised her hand up and placed her palm on the barrier. It vibrated softly against her skin. Her fingers dug into the barrier as if she was digging into flesh. With a light push of her energy, the barrier shattered and disappeared. She strolled through the courtyard and pushed open the door to the pavilion.

Inside, Master Feng Mian had already awakened after feeling that his barrier had been obstructed. He was dressed in thin white robes, his gray silver hair wisped around behind his back as he came running out of his bedchamber only to freeze in place when he saw a dark silhouette of a slim figure standing in front of his doorway. The moonlight seeped through from outside but it did little to reveal the face behind the figure.

"Who are you? Why'd you break into my Jade Willow Pavilion?" he called out. He aimed his unopened fan toward the intruder.

"Master Feng Mian, have you already forgotten this disciple?" came a soft yet deadly bell-like voice. His brows furrowed as his free left hand weaved a sign. The candle off to the side of the room lit up the room revealing the face of the intruder. It was a young woman who barely looked like she was twenty years old. Her face was smooth like jade and pale like the moon. Her sharp eyes glowed with a hint of red light to it, clearly signifying her demon beast heritage yet she was wearing a tattered uniform that belonged to the North Peak. If it weren't for the dangerous aura seeping off of her and the deadly look in her eyes, he would've thought this beautiful woman was a heavenly being.