Chapter 25-The Enemy Follows the Demoness Home

The great and respectable Elder Wei Xing was willing to trade places with Bai Qing. He must be truly in love with her, many of the spectators thought, including Xiu Xiang.

"Poor guy..." Xiu Xiang thought. The poor fellow didn't know that Bai Qing had tried to run out of their marriage and now he was offering to take her place.

She hadn't even agreed when she saw Wei Xing form a seal with his hands and slammed a palm against his own chest. Her eyes widen in shock when she saw what he had done.

He wasn't a poor fellow, he was an idiot. A truly pitiful lovesick fool.

He had sealed his own spiritual core.

"Elder!" the younger disciples under Wei Xing cried out. "Let me take your place!"

When they saw their respectable elder seal his own spiritual core, they were fueled with anger, hate, and utter shock. They wanted to rip Xiu Xiang to pieces but they couldn't make a move for they feared that their elder's lover would get injured. As they each screamed out to ask Wei Xing to let them take their place, Hua Jian jumped in too.

"I'll take his place!" Hua Jian said as he stepped forward and out of the crowd. He was only an arm's width away from Xiu Xiang when someone asked out, "Who the hell are you? You're not with Tian Ling Sect!"

"Oops. Busted," Hua Jian breathed out.

If Xiu Xiang's hands were freed, she would've slapped Hua Jian silly. Even if he was in disguise, he didn't look like anyone from Tian Ling Sect. She decided that it was now or never.

She released her grip on Bai Qing's neck and tossed her over to the frontline of the crowd and together with Hua Jian, they opened up a small portal to jump into. She kicked Hua Jian through the portal first out of anger and jumped in after.

Just as she was jumping into the portal, she felt something grab onto her arm. She didn't fear that she wouldn't make it through because the suction of the portal was strong enough to pull her through including whatever had latched onto her arm.

As soon as she made it back to the Demon Realm, she turned around gasped in shock when she realized what had latched onto her when she crossed through. It wasn't a what either.

It was Wei Xing.

The portal closed almost immediately behind them and the last thing she saw was multiple horrified faces from Tian Ling Sect. If she had a mirror, she would realize that she looked just as horrified as them. Somehow, she had managed to bring along her enemy back with her.

"You--!" Xiu Xiang started to say but stopped when she realized that Wei Xing was struggling to stand on his own feet.

For a respectable elder of Tian Ling Sect, he really was an idiot. Did he not realize the dangers of jumping through a dangerous portal like the one they just went through, especially when he sealed his own spiritual core? The harsh spiraling energy of the portal would've shredded him to pieces, however, seeing how he managed to get through in one piece only further proves just how dangerously strong her enemy was.

He really was the Demoness's enemy. He even went as far as to follow her all the way to the Demon Realm. Did he really want her dead that much?

"You... don't... leave me again..." she heard him say before his eyes rolled back in its sockets.

"Wait!" She managed to catch him in her arms and the both of them went toppling to the ground.

Something was definitely wrong with this scene. Why did it look like their roles seem to have reverse? Wasn't it almost always the female character who fainted in the male character's arms in times like these?