Chapter 55

The next day when Wei Xing was in the main hall acquiring the latest news about the Demon Realm, several elders and guards couldn't help but stare. On Wei Xing's left cheek was clearly a red palm print. Someone managed to injure their demon lord? Which demon dared to lift their hand against their demon lord? That demon must have balls of steel! In fact, mostly everyone in the room was sure that the demon who hurt their lord had probably been cut up into tiny pieces and fed to demon beasts!

While they were thinking this, Hua Jian soon appeared by Wei Xing's side. His appearance shocked them even more. The Hua Jian who was known for keeping up his beautiful appearance, was sporting a scorched head. No one would dare to ruin his appearance as they remembered how Hua Jian had violently destroyed a female demon who fought with him over another man. Just what exactly happened to two of the strongest and most violent demons in the Demon Realm?

It turned out, after the sizzling hot kiss and confession in the hot spring, Xiu Xiang had slapped Wei Xing then warned him to not go even a hundred step near her until her anger had appeased. Before she left the hot spring, she made him get rid of the golden bracelets that confined her energy. Then, she went in search of Hua Jian. After hearing from him how he had helped Wei Xing planned out everything, she burned all his hair off out of revenge. After that, she had confined herself within Nightless Courtyard.

The barrier came down after she entered the courtyard, but Wei Xing didn't dare follow after her. He decided that it was best to let her vent her anger first.

"Xiu Xiang must be hungry by now. Have the cooks send her some food," Wei Xing said thoughtfully to one of the guards when he finished looking at the report. No one would believe that this was the same Wei Xing. He seemed to have shed the heavy and overbearing presence around him. There was even a smile on his face. It was as if the Demon Lord Wei Xing never existed. Some of the demon guards even thought they saw flowers sporting around him.

Wei Xing had just absolved the harem. Those who had some abilities were kept and sent off to certain divisions. As for those who had beauty but no abilities were quickly kicked out of the palace. All he had left to do now was to deal with Bai Qing.

The doors to the main hall opened with a guard quickly rushing through and falling on knee before Wei Xing.

"My lord, Lady Bai Qing is outside asking for an audience."

"Let her in."

The doors opened again and Bai Qing entered. She was dressed in a lovely pink dress. Her hair had been pinned up beautifully. She was adorned in lavish jewelries. If anyone saw this, they would think that she was the lady of the palace instead.

"My lord," she greeted. Looking straight at Wei Xing, she said, "I heard that you wish to return me to the Human Realm."

"That is correct," Wei Xing said as he smoothly set aside the document he had been scanning through.

"Why? Have I done something to offend you? I will take on any punishment you give me," Bai Qing pleaded. Her eyes started to tear up, moving even the hearts of some of the demon elders there.

"Xiu Xiang will misunderstand me if you continue to stay here," he replied.

"Then doesn't this mean that her love for you isn't genuine?" Bai Qing argued.

Her words sunk in, sowing doubt in Wei Xing's mind once again. He shook his head, sticking firmly to his decision.

"I've already decided. Prepare your things and Hua Jian will send you back," he said sternly.

"Wait, my lord! You're doing this because Xiu Xiang told you to, didn't she?! Let me talk to her! I've long abandoned my sect! They will never let me return there! I have nowhere else to go! Haven't I faithfully served you all these years? Let me stay here! I promise I won't do anything to make her misunderstand!" she pleaded.