Chapter 12

Xiao Zhan yawns as he walks around the hallway on his way to his locker when suddenly, someone grabs his arm. For the past 2 days, he didn't see this person at all or at least he did but didn't talk to him. "Zhan, you weren't answering my messages and calls," Yibo said worriedly and Xiao Zhan felt his palms started to sweat. "Oh, s-sorry, I was just so busy lately," well it was half true, since it was midterms and the other thing was that he was clearly avoiding Wang Yibo.

"It won't take you 2 minutes to reply though, is something bothering you? Your complexion isn't very well," his boyfriend points it out as he turns Xiao Zhan to face him completely. "A-Aiya, yeah. Don't worry about me, I'm just really busy with exams." Yibo wanted to push further into letting him take a break when Seungyoun suddenly interupts them.

"Oh! Yibo! Can I borrow Zhan for a while? We need to finish this geometry assignment that's due this afternoon," before Wang Yibo could say anything, his best friend already drags his boyfriend away. Xiao Zhan didn't even look back as he was led away by the other.

Yibo felt uneasy and something was going on inside his chest since it hurts for a bit. He sighs since he can't do anything about it, they already walked away and he doesn't want to disturb Xiao Zhan's study schedule. Wang Yibo once again told himself to be calm. He'll see Zhan this Friday night, he could have the moment of just the two of them.

• • •

"I bet you didn't eat breakfast again?" Seungyoun said as he offered a burger to a sleepy looking Xiao Zhan who's currently staring at a geometry textbook. The older snaps out from his daze and replied dumbly, "Ah?"

Xiao Zhan just stared at the burger that's in front of him. "You know, it's not necessary for you to accompany me all the time," he said as he decided to take the burger. "Hide it for a bit, eating is not allowed in the Library," Seungyoun said with a light chuckle. "I bet Yibo's getting suspicious," he stated as he looks at Seungyoun.

"That's why you should tell him sooner. Why are you even waiting for Friday?"

"So I can't see him at school by the following day," Xiao Zhan said and the other man sighs. "Zhan, you'll still see him in Monday."

"I'll stop talking to you guys," he said plainly and takes a piece of the burger and quickly eats it. Seungyoun sighs and said, "Well, please try your best to tell him soon. I don't want him to be hurt over and over again."

"What do you mean by over and over again?"

"I don't have the position to tell it to you," Seungyoun said with the hint of sadness in his voice. "I see..."

Xiao Zhan was curious what Seungyoun was talking about. Did Yibo got hurt before? He felt the guilt wash over him and his chest tightens. I'm so despicable. He told himself, he felt even more devastated than before. There's no one to blame for his mistake.

Afternoon came by and Xiao Zhan was busy fixing his locker. He was in a daze with the lack of sleep and didn't notice someone calling out to him. "Zhan," for the fifth time he called out, the person who he was calling finally noticed it and flinched for a bit. "A-Ah, Yibo," he replied nervously as he averts his gaze. "I've noticed that you've been avoiding me for a while," Yibo stated seriously, "Did I do something wrong?"

Xiao Zhan felt extremely bad and his lips quivered. He'd been lying too much and it wasn't doing him any good. "N-No, it's actually-"

"You even hang out with Seungyoun than me lately..." He whispered bitterly. Xiao Zhan felt even more devastated and thought, please don't be like that.

"Yibo, we were just doing an assignment," he replied. "We can do it together, too and out of all people, why Seungyoun? I never saw you guys being close before?"

Xiao Zhan gulps and his long pause made Yibo feel even more suspicious. "Are you hiding something from me?"

"Of course not! I mean- Yes but n-no!" Xiao Zhan stuttered as he faced his boyfriend in panic. "Zhan, honestly, I'm jealous that you're hanging out with Seungyoun."

Xiao Zhan immediately shuts up and felt his heart thumping at the same time it made a hurtful twist. "You don't have to be! There's nothing going on between us," he explained, trying to reassure Wang Yibo. But it seems like the other still doesn't believe it. "Really?"

"Yes, really," Xiao Zhan replied with a nod. "Then prove it to me," Yibo said and Xiao Zhan suddenly had a bad feeling about it. "H-How?" He stuttered, thinking what may happen. "Give me a hug and kiss."

Wang Yibo said it like it was the normal thing in the world and Xiao Zhan felt his jaw hanging. "W-What?" He stuttered once more upon being surprised. "You heard me," Yibo said with a smirk and the other felt like dying. A hug seems kinda okay but a kiss? That's a big no for Xiao Zhan!

But he has to do this, if not, Yibo won't believe him anymore. He needs his trust for one last time. Tomorrow is the day he'll confess his big mistake. Xiao Zhan gulped and clenches his fists for a bit and heaves a soft sigh. "You really don't like me that much?" Wang Yibo asked as he looks at Xiao Zhan.

"No! I really like you!" He blurted out and some people even heard it who was passing at the hallway. Some cheered and snickered. Xiao Zhan felt embarrassed but deep down he knows that this was all fake. A fraud that came to life because of his mistake and carelessness.

Wang Yibo's face soften upon hearing his words. "It's okay, I believe you. You don't have to do it." He said with a smile and Xiao Zhan felt at ease again. "I hope you can wear something formal tomorrow. Anything is fine, it doesn't really need to be fancy," Wang Yibo explained and Xiao Zhan immediately understood what he meant. For tomorrow's event. Right.

"Ah yeah, okay then. Thank you," he simply replied and Yibo gave him a nod. "I can take you home?" Xiao Zhan thought that it was okay to take this one last offer. Since tomorrow, he'll see himself out of the Wang Residence by himself when night time comes.

He's finally gonna confess his mistake.

---
Sorry for the typos and please do point it out! Sorry for not updating for a while. My city is facing a calamity and I'm not feeling that well rn.