Chapter 17

Dragging things like an idiot, Xiao Zhan slaps himself using both of his hands. It was near dismissal time and just as he was about to exit through the campus gates, he sees Wang Yibo. His heart started thumping and couldn't help but in awe as he saw the man handsomely standing at the side waiting for him. The afternoon sun hit his features, giving a soft glow that enhanced his looks a hundred times better.

Xiao Zhan made up his mind to tell him this afternoon and as he was about to call out to him, Emily showed up to who knows where and suddenly pulls Wang Yibo to a tight hug. Xiao Zhan was surprised at her actions since she never did something that so bold before. But boy did Xiao Zhan underestimated her, her next move got Xiao Zhan off guard as she leans forward and kisses Yibo at his lips!

The familiar prickly sensation started swelling inside Xiao Zhan's chest as he saw the scene play before him. Why isn't Yibo pushing her away? His lips quivered as he tightly holds his bag. He stood there frozen in shock and his black orbs suddenly met the brown ones and Xiao Zhan was more anxious, he doesn't know what face he was making but as soon as Yibo and his eyes met, he dashed at the opposite direction without looking back. He heard Yibo calling out to him but he turned a deaf ear on him.

His chest was hurting so bad, was it from the running or was it actually from something else? The feeling was so foreign and negative that was making him uncomfortable. Xiao Zhan arrived at his apartment, ignoring Yibo's texts and calls.

Damn, why was he feeling this way? Xiao Zhan frustratingly screamed at his pillow for the whole night.

When he arrived in school the next day, Yibo immediately came to look for him but he avoided him at all costs and Xiao Zhan was very much aware on how petty he was but just by remembering the scene yesterday had his heart hurting. It wasn't good at all and he avoided Wang Yibo like the plague. It went on for another three days and Seungyoun wasn't liking it at all.

"What's wrong? Yibo's the one approaching you now and you're the one who's avoiding him. What happened?"

"I... It's nothing. I'll tell him soon, just give me more time," he said between gritted teeth and before Seungyoun could say anything, Xiao Zhan ran off to somewhere that day and immediately went home.

As the days went by, every night, Xiao Zhan would sort out his thoughts and the kiss that happened between Emily and Yibo still haunts him every night. It was making him even more restless than before.

"Get a hold of yourself, Xiao Zhan!" He cursed under his breath as he splashes his face with some warm water. He looks at himself at the mirror and thought, what's wrong with you? You don't have feelings him. Yibo could do what he wants. If he likes Emily then that's fine...

But it wasn't okay, not noticing himself that warm tears were already flowing from his white cheeks. He was taken a back with the sudden action of his eyes that were now red.

He said he loves me but why is he kissing someone else?

That very night, Xiao Zhan realized what he truly felt.

• • •

Xiao Zhan realized how an idiot he was this whole time, not even noticing on how he actually ended up liking Yibo back was shocking for him. He honestly thought it was just adoration or just some friendship feelings.

But that wasn't the case at all. All this time, those bitter and sour feelings were all jealousy that he was denying. Realizing his feelings made his chest feel a bit lighter and had some confidence on actually facing Wang Yibo now.

Surprisingly, Yibo was absent that day for family reasons but Xiao Zhan made up his mind to tell him tomorrow.

"Okay, I know I told you that you take your time but Zhan, this is-" Seungyoun frustratingly ran a hand through his hair. Xiao Zhan gulps as he nervously grips his bag.