Chapter 23

Wang Zhuocheng stayed still for a few moments with a smile not reaching his eyes. "What the fuck," he breathed as he massaged his temples. He slightly glared at the man in front of him. "What? I did the right thing," the man defended as he crossed his arms with a huff.

"Did the right thing my ass. Do you know what you just did- Zhao, smack some brain cells to Zhan." Zhao Lei coughs awkwardly as he gave Xiao Zhan a slight smile.

"Zhao, tell Zhuocheng that I was right ah."

"Zhan, I don't want to pick any sides," he immediately answered as he wrote on his notebook. "Well, it's time you did. Zhan here isn't thinking very well and then I thought you were the smartest guy in biology class."

"Excuse you, Zhuocheng. That's biology and we're talking about something else-" Wang Zhuocheng cuts him off and retorted, "Yeah, your damn feelings! How could you reject Yibo?"

"Are you hearing yourself? He doesn't like me in a romantic way. Plus, after that big fight, we'll jump into a relationship? The world doesn't work that way ah. Those kinds of things-"

"Take time?" Zhuocheng added with a frown and Xiao Zhan just rolled his eyes slightly. He looks down on his notes and sighed. "Shut up, Zhuocheng."

"Tell me about time and your dragging ass," his friend said with a dry chuckle. "You don't understand."

"I don't but at least I can comprehend what the situation means." Xiao Zhan pursed his lips as he tightly holds his pen. "Oh yeah? That can you tell that I'm actually bothered by the way you-"

"Hey guys! I have big news!" A voice suddenly interfered with their argument. The three men turned to look at the person. It was Chuyue.

"Chuyue, it's been a while," Zhao Lei greeted with a hint of relief in his tone. Who can blame Zhao Lei? His ears were bleeding to death when two of his friends kept arguing. "Lei Lei! Nice to see you!" Chuyue greeted as he joined them on their table.

"So what's the big news?" Wang Zhuocheng asked without a hint of interest in his tone. "The council committee is going to throw a huge camping next week! All third and forth years are invited to come. Just pay for the fees and we're ready to go," he explained happily as he showed his phone.

"Really? What's the camp about?" Xiao Zhan asked as he clicked his pen. "It's more of like a gathering for the seniors. We get to sleep on cabins and surely it will be a lot of fun, guys," he playfully bumps Xiao Zhan's shoulder and smiled.

"We're not scouts, what's with that sudden school activity," Zhuocheng commented as he flips a page from his textbook. "Come on, aren't we graduating this year? Can't we at least have some fun?"

"We have classes. When's the camp though?" Zhao Lei asked and Chuyue gave his phone at him. "Look, it's actually in semester break! Just in time."

"I don't think that's a good idea," Xiao Zhan started, "The 2nd semester is going to be so busy, I need to study in advance." Chuyue huffed as he crossed his arms. "Bring your books there! Besides, it's a good time to forget about your ex."

Xiao Zhan immediately frowned at Chuyue's words and squinted his eyes at him. "I'm not going."

"What!? Come on, Zhan. It's time to relax! Treat yourself!"

"I think it's a good idea, Zhan. You've been stressing out lately, too. It's time you take a breather," Zhao Lei suggested as he settles his notebook down and looked over at his friend. Xiao Zhan stole a side glance at Wang Zhuocheng who sighed afterwards.

"Yeah, you should join. Maybe you'll earn a few brain cells there on how to deal with your emotions," he deadpanned and Xiao Zhan smacked Zhuocheng's arm. "I think you should earn some brain cells too!"