N'Yo & P'Pha

Yo promptly closed his eyes again after opening them

Yo promptly closed his eyes again after opening them. The light was way too bright. His head lightly throbbed, and he made a small noise of discontent in his throat.

Hey...my throat isn't as sore now...

"Nong?"

Yo scrunched his face up slightly. "Mmm..."

A sigh. "You're awake. Unless this is another dream for you?"

"Dream..." Yo mumbled, feeling like his mouth was made out of mush. He managed to crack his eyes open. "Not...a dream..."

"Is the light too bright? Hang on," there were soft footsteps, then a 'click'. "There. That should be better. It's night out, too, so you don't have to worry about the sun."

It's still night? It felt like he'd slept for years, his body felt like lead and was so stiff. How long was I asleep? An hour?

"We thought you'd never wake up," the voice continued as Yo forced his eyes open wider. "You scared the shit out of poor Nong Ming."

"Ming?" Yo said, voice rough and raspy from disuse.

"Yeah. We were the ones to bring you here."

...this isn't my dorm room, Yo thought to himself, slowly skimming his surroundings. It was dark, but he was still able to see he was in a hospital room. Wait...why am I here?? He turned to ask whoever it was what had happened. His words got stuck in his throat, eyes widening at the sight of Pha standing next to his bed. "...P?"

Pha smiled softly. "Gave us quite a scare, shorty. How you feeling?"

Yo blinked. "Like crap."

Pha chuckled. Yo's voice had been colored with a 'duh' tone. "I figured that much out for myself. I meant, do you have any pain in your chest? Throat? Head?"

"Um..." Yo though about it. "Head aches a bit...throat isn't as sore anymore..." he started to breathe deeply and winced at the slight pain he felt. "Still a little pain in my chest." He lifted exhausted, bewildered eyes up. "What happened?"

"Doctor told us you had pneumonia. How long were you in the rain, Nong?"

Yo eyed him suspiciously. "Are you trying to say I did this to myself?"

Pha folded his arms. "No. I'm trying to figure out what could've caused it to be so bad."

"...I dunno," Yo turned his head away. "Ten minutes, maybe?"

"Maybe?"

"...probably more."

"How much more?"

"Um..." Yo distracted himself by picking at the sheets.

"Shorty, how long were you out there in the rain," Pha demanded in a 'don't you dare lie to me again' tone.