Clueless

True to his word, Pha been the one to drive Yo to the glasses place to pick up the new glasses. Yo went in, grabbed his new glasses, and promptly left after placing them in a shopping bag.

No way is he seeing...those. He glanced at Pha on the way back to the dorms, wondering if the older guy was upset. He'd been quiet on the ride back, not even looking at Yo. Did I do something?

Yo cleared his throat, causing Pha's eyes to flick his way. "Something wrong, P'Pha?"

"No."

Yo frowned at the short answer. Now he knew something was wrong, and that Yo himself most likely was the reason for it. Instead of prying, he reached into the bag and pulled out the lavender glasses, slipping them onto his face. It was weird, the combination of the lenses and his contacts screwing up his vision slightly, but it was worth it when he tapped Pha's shoulder. "How do they look?"

Pha did a double-take.

Yo frowned. That had to be a bad sign. "Bad? So, Ming lied about pastels-"

"No. You look good in those glasses, N'Yo."

Yo cocked his head, considering Pha's words. "Really? You're not just saying that to make me feel better?"

Pha actually rolled his eyes! "When have I ever said anything nice just to make you feel better??"

"Never," Yo muttered, exchanging the lavender frames for the gold ones. "And these?"

"You tried those on a week ago. Don't you still like them?"

"Yeah, but that was under the lights in the store. Now we're out in the sunlight. Do they look different?"

Pha stopped at a red light and turned his head to study the glasses on Yo's face. "No. Still look nice on you. How many did you buy again?"

"Four."

Pha's eyes narrowed. "I could've sworn you picked up a fifth pair..." he murmured.

Yo was busy messing with the other frames in the bag. He lifted his head, now wearing the black frames. "Hmm?"

"Nothing," Pha shook his head. "Are you doing a private glasses fashion show?"

"Blech," Yo stuck his tongue out at Pha. "You wish."

Pha snorted a breathy laugh. "Mm."

Now Yo was wearing the pink ones, staring at Pha with a pouty look. "You're laughing at me."

Pha just smiled, shaking his head. He couldn't stay mad at Yo. The younger guy may be hiding the last pair of glasses, but he was too cute to stay angry with. "No, more at your reaction."

"That's still at me."

Pha shrugged.

Yo turned and looked out the window, tipping his head forward so the glasses slid down his nose. "We should stop for lunch."

Pha pressed his lips together to keep from smiling. Honestly, Wayo, how cute can you be? He nodded. "Where would you like to go?"

"Sushi," was Yo's immediate reply.

It wasn't hard to find a sushi place, and they were soon parked and headed inside. Yo and Pha sat opposite each other, studying the menus already on the table and waiting for the waitress.

Yo could feel the other's gaze on him. He pretended not to notice, faking his engrossment in the menu. When the waitress finally came, he waited for Pha to order, then just said his usual order, not even looking up.