Boiling Point

Ming merely waii-ed all three seniors of the crazy doctor gang, not singling any of them out as he dropped Yo off for lunch with them. He was going to excuse himself to go eat at a stall somewhere else, not able to be so close to Kit and not lose it. Even though that guy Kit had gone to the movies with a few days ago was just his cousin, he'd seen the glances Kit had sent him and Beam, seeing if they noticed him.

Yeah. Ming had definitely noticed. He'd gotten the hint.

"Ming," Yo said softly, looking up at him with sad eyes.

Ming smiled back at him. "I'll come pick you up after lunch, Yo. P's," he waii-ed them again before turning and striding towards the canteen door. There was a small commotion of raised voices behind him but he didn't bother looking back.

 There was a small commotion of raised voices behind him but he didn't bother looking back

Nothing in the medical faculty is my business anymore.

He had just opened the car door to get in the driver's seat when he heard an achingly familiar voice call, "N'Ming!"

Ming tensed, slowly turning his head to stare in disbelief as Kit walked towards him, a determined look on his face and textbooks in his arms. "Er...P'Kit?" He said politely, bewildered at the other's sudden appearance. Did he come out here to yell at me?

"Where are you eating lunch at?" Kit demanded, coming to a stop in front of Ming.

"...I was just gonna grab some skewers from the stall," Ming answered, gesturing down the lane. He cocked his head, now wondering about the commotion he'd heard in the canteen. Had it been Kit?

"I'll come with you." Kit went around the front of Ming's car, getting in the passenger seat.

Ming stood there for a few moments, dumbstruck. What the hell... He slowly got in and shut the door, buckling his seat belt and pulling away from the curb, too numb to properly register what was happening. They rode in silence for a few moments, neither looking at the other.

 They rode in silence for a few moments, neither looking at the other

"Been having fun with Beam?" Kit spoke up casually.

He noticed Ming's knuckles turn white as he gripped the steering wheel tighter. "Fun?" Ming questioned, frowning.