Motion Sickness

Yo's stomach was churning so badly. He desperately wanted to get off the damn bus and just walk the rest of the way to the beach. He closed his eyes, but it didn't help. Even though he couldn't see the movement outside the window, he could still feel it.

"Yo, you okay?"

Yo carefully shook his head. "No..." he managed to say between clenched teeth.

Ming stared at his friend in concern. He'd found out when they were only eight that Yo was severely prone to motion sickness. Heck, even Ming was starting to feel a bit ill with the constant shuddering and jerking of the bus they were on. He turned to one of the nearby senior Moons and asked them if they could stop.

The Moon looked past him at Yo, brow furrowing. "Is he alright? He looks kinda green."

"He gets really bad motion sickness."

"Oh dear...lemme go talk to the driver."

Ming nodded, watching as the senior went up to the front and said something to the driver of the bus. He turned back to Yo, rubbing his friend's shoulder sympathetically. "I think we might be able to stop in a bit. Can you hold on that long?"

Yo bit back a whimper as the bus jerked to the side again. "I-I think so...feel really sick..."

It took the driver about ten minutes to find a gas station to stop at

It took the driver about ten minutes to find a gas station to stop at. Both cars that had been following parked next to it as Yo dashed off the bus and inside the station, Ming on his heels. When the two came back out a quarter of an hour later, Yo was leaning against Ming, unable to walk very well by himself. His face was deathly pale, eyes dull and tired, and he was trembling slightly. Pha and Forth were resting against their respective cars, waiting to get back on the road.

Forth walked over. "Feeling any better, Yo?"

Yo looked up at him, kind of out of it. "Yeah...but I don't think I can keep riding on that bus. Can I just walk the rest of the way?"

Forth chuckled. "Afraid not. It wouldn't be safe."

"He can ride with us."

Yo sluggishly turned his head along with Forth, blinking at Kit and Beam, both smiling at him. "I don't want to be a bother-"

"You're not a bother at all, Yo," Kit waved his concerns off. "You can sit in the backseat with Pha."

"Okay. Thank you, P'Kit." It didn't quite register what he'd just agreed to until he was already settled in the back with his belt on. Shit...he glanced quickly at Pha next to him then away. Act normal. Don't let him suspect.

He was so engrossed in his thoughts he didn't notice the smirk Kit and Beam shared in the front.

"I bet this feels a lot better than that old bus, huh?" Beam asked casually, ignoring the warning look Pha shot him in the rear view mirror.