Six Days

A/N: I found some pictures for the last chapter, so I'm going back in and putting them in there. Just letting you know.:)

Yo huddled between Kit and Pha, waiting to hear from the doctor. After Pha had arrived, they all helped Ming out to Pha's car and rushed him to the hospital. Kit sat in the backseat, cradling Ming's head in his lap while Yo sat in the front seat, trying not to cry. Once inside the hospital, nurses rushed Ming into a room, not letting anyone follow.

 Once inside the hospital, nurses rushed Ming into a room, not letting anyone follow

"P'Pha..." Yo whispered, pressing his face against Pha's arm. "I don't know how to help him...he won't let me."

Pha pulled Yo into his lap, cuddling him and rubbing his back soothingly. "Kit and I know now, Yo. We'll make sure he gets the help he needs." He waited a few moments before asking, "Can you tell me what happened?"

Yo swallowed against the lump in his throat. "Ming cut himself. On the thigh."

"Why?"

"Because...it's the only way he can cope after Muwan visits," Yo's voice wobbled.

Pha frowned over the top of Yo's head at Kit. Kit was staring off into space, chewing at a thumbnail absentmindedly, face stained from tears. "Who's Muwan?"

Yo buried his face in Pha's chest. Kit answered with a flat, "The girl he tried to leave, but she won't let him."

"Won't let him? Isn't that impossible?"

"You don't know how this girl works, Pha," Kit sighed, finally turned to face his friend. "From what I gather, she gets in Ming's head and screws with his thinking. He called himself nothing to my face."

Pha felt sad at that. Ming had never let on about the pain he'd been through, nor what he apparently inflicted upon himself. How many people had they met were suffering just like Ming, and they didn't know? How many people were hiding behind a carefully crafted mask? It was depressing to think about.

A nurse came out, smiling reassuringly at the three. "You can come see him now. We cleaned his leg and stitched it up."

Yo turned. "H-how deep was the cut?"

Pha and Kit shared a look over Yo's head. Yo had carefully neglected to mention that Ming had done it to himself.

"He didn't hit a major artery, thank goodness, but it was pretty close," the nurse told him.

Yo's face screwed up in pain. Oh, Ming...

"He's resting in a bed. Make sure he doesn't use that leg for a couple days, okay? We need to make sure the stitches don't get torn."

Yo nodded, standing and following the nurse to Ming's room with Pha and Kit right behind him. Ming had his eyes closed, face extremely pale, the covers pulled up to his waist. He opened them when Yo touched his hand, staring blank-faced at his friend.