Competition Part 2

Ming's performance was going smoothly. Yo was glad for his friend, since Ming was still shaken up from Muwan's visit. Fortunately, his red Muay Thai shorts covered the still healing cut. The stitches had already been taken out, but it was still going to leave a scar.

Yo watched from the wings as Ming took down his opponent, one of his friends from Engineering

Yo watched from the wings as Ming took down his opponent, one of his friends from Engineering. Ming would've asked Yo to do it, but Yo had his own performance to worry about, so Ming asked Tay. Tay went for the attack, and Ming carefully blocked him, knocking him to the ground. They'd practiced the routine enough times so Tay wouldn't get hurt for real. Ming taught him how to roll with the punches and kicks and how to fall correctly. Tay soaked up the instruction, eager to learn Muay Thai.

Yo sighed to himself, adjusting his bow tie and checking his music sheets. His performance was next, and he was finally feeling some of the nerves the other Moons and Stars were complaining about. He turned and smiled encouragingly at Nate, whose act was after his. Nate flashed him a double thumbs up and a big grin.

"Susu, na, Yo!" She whispered.

"Susu, na, Nate," he responded. Hopefully, they'd be awarded something.

Yo turned back to the stage just as Ming was bowing to the audience. He peeked from behind the curtain, smiling when he saw Kit's entranced face, watching Ming's every move. Ming exited the stage, fist-bumping Yo to encourage him.

"Go get 'em, Yo!" Ming whisper-yelled, grinning at his friend.

Yo grinned back. "I plan on it." He waited until the MCs announced his name before walking out onto the stage. He squinted into the bright lights that were aimed at the stage, trying to see into the audience. How did Ming manage to do his act without getting blinded?? He kept a smile on his face as he walked over to the piano, settling on the bench. He breathed deeply to calm himself before turning to the audience and speaking into the microphone.

"Hello. I'm Wayo Panitchayasawad, the Science Moon. Before I play my song, I'd like to tell you a story..."

XXX

Pha stood in the audience, eyes glued to his baby. He was a little confused when Yo talked about how he was able to become the Moon of his faculty. He'd been asked...what is love to him?

His answer? Loving a person without expecting anything in return.