Glasses Part 2

Yo reluctantly took the pink glasses from Pha, ignoring Ming's evil snickering from behind him, and tried to slip them on. He frowned at how small they were. Then he checked the label, and found they were kids frames. A feeling of relief rushed through him.

He screwed his mouth to the side. "They're too small, P'Pha." He handed them back.

Pha looked at them more closely. "Ah. Kids glasses. No wonder."

Yo peered at himself in the mirror as he slipped the gold frames back on, studying himself. Maybe I can get more than one pair? Maybe two? That way, he'd have an extra pair just in case one got broken or lost.

"How about these? They're from the adult section."

Yo turned, eyes narrowing slightly when he saw another pair of pink frames in Pha's hand. Then he saw a frameless pair in Pha's other hand with lavender earpieces. Yo blinked. Couldn't hurt to at least try them on...he reasoned with himself, taking first the pink ones and trying them on, looking at himself in the mirror. Hmm...not bad. Didn't know pink was a good color for me.

 Didn't know pink was a good color for me

"You look adorable, Yo."

Yo gave Ming a poisonous look. "I do not!"

Ming rolled his eyes. "Why do you keep denying it?"

"Because I'm a man, and men aren't adorable," Yo said stubbornly, now glaring at his reflection.

"Pink is a really good color with your skin tone," Pha said softly, now standing behind Yo and looking at him in the mirror.

Yo froze. Pha was so close to him...!

"Here, try these on, too," Pha said, handing him the other pair he'd been holding.

Yo took the glasses as if in a daze, handing the pink ones back to Pha and slipping the lavender ones on

Yo took the glasses as if in a daze, handing the pink ones back to Pha and slipping the lavender ones on. Ming was right about pastels - he looked really good with light colors. Then Ming handed him another pair, from the table this time, and Yo tried them on as well. They were black frames with rectangular lenses. Yo liked them, smiling at his reflection.