Protective

Being back in his dorm room was both good and bad

Being back in his dorm room was both good and bad. Good, because he wasn't in the hospital any longer. Bad, because of the thoughts and fears that plagued his mind every second. It was like walking through a nightmare with a cacophony of demonic voices - but while awake.

What if P'Kit was just saying that because he didn't want to have me dying on his conscience?

What if he is playing with me?

Will Muwan come back?

Do I want her to come back, or am I relieved?

He didn't know what to feel or what to think. He paced back and forth in his room, uncaring of the stinging pain in his leg as he went faster and faster, hands nearly tearing his hair out in frustration. He felt like he was going mad.

"Ming?" The door swung open and Kit walked in, holding a bag of food. "I got your favorite, and-hey! You're not supposed to be up!" He dumped the food on Ming's desk and grabbed the still moving guy, making him sit on the bed. "Why were you walking?? You're supposed to be taking it easy for a couple days!"

"I-I..." Ming fell silent. He couldn't tell Kit without sounding like a crazy person.

"Ming," Kit crouched in front of him, gently grasping his hands. "Talk to me. What's going on?"

"...what if she comes back," Ming rasped, humiliated to feel tears form. He looked away so Kit wouldn't see them. "What if...what if I'm not strong enough-"

"You are stronger than anyone I've ever known," Kit said softly, but firmly.

"No, I'm not," Ming shook his head in denial.

Kit wouldn't accept that. "Yes, you are, Ming. I know you don't see it, but you are. It takes a lot of inner strength to put up with a girl like that for two years."

"P'Kit..." Ming finally met his gaze. Kit's heart broke at the lost and confused look in Ming's eyes. "What if I can't be fixed? She basically trained me to be her loyal dog."

"Brainwashed you," Kit muttered. Louder he said, "You're not broken, Ming. She didn't break you."