The Ten Years

A/N I decided to include some important moments within the ten years on the island. Enjoy.

Ten years. They stayed together for ten years. Alone on the island. 

The first year:

"What are we doing today?" I ask Tom who was just sitting up in bed, awoken from his sleep. No nightmares tonight. That's a change...

"I have a surprise for you later," He replied mysteriously, planting a kiss my lips. 

I pouted. "You know I don't like surprises..."

"Well, I think you may like this one. I hope so at least..." I smirked at his uncertainty.

"And what makes you so sure about that?"

"Because I love you," He replied smiling at me. 

"I love you to." And I'll leave the rest to your imagination...

++

It was nightfall now. The stars had just came out, breaking through the thick layers of darkness with their glimmering beauty.

No surprise yet... Tom had taken me on a date and everything. I was beginning to think that the date was the only surprise-not that it was a bad date! It was a very nice one. We took a boat ride around the island with no magic. We both took turns rowing by ourselves and together. It was fun. We ate on the boat some sandwiches that I had packed knowing about our little fun date.

I was getting ready for bed now. I was in my pajamas now, reading a book in bed. I didn't know where Tom was for some reason, but I payed it no mind...

Right as I was getting to the part where the prince gets thrown off a horse, I heard a tapping on my window. I placed my book down, reluctantly of course (bookmarks are for quitters, what can I say), I approached the window.

I saw one note. It was taped to the window sill. No owl in sight...

I opened the window and took it inside. "Jade" was written on the front of the board envelope. The font was a cursive type one, almost-but not quite-in calligraphy. The letters were slightly shaken, as though the author of the note was nervous while writing it. 

I opened the quick parchment, letting the familiar smell reach my nose. It only had two words on it. "Come outside."

For some reason, I did. The whole situation was suspicious, but I went anyways. As the door closed with a small thud behind me, I took in my familiar surroundings. The trees, the rusty sent combined with that of the salty ocean. 

My night gown flew in the wind, as I took the path leading to the sea. The wind ruffled my hair, spending it sprawling behind me. 

Then, I saw the rose petals. They covered the path. My night gown blew behind me, tickling my legs with its touch. "Tom?" I called out into the darkness.

No response.

But I didn't need one. I saw him. He was standing in the same spot I had apparated to just a year ago. The start of a new chapter. 

When I saw him, I suddenly felt underdressed... There he was in his tux, while I was standing here in my pajamas...

"Tom?" I asked again, not trying to find him, but trying to get him to explain why he was out here in his most formal dress wear imaginable... Here I were, standing in the beach, sand under my toes, water lapping up touching my feet with their warm ocean touch, then retracting back down to the sea of mysteries, leaving only a tingling sensation in their wake.