2 | Better Family

You stared at your phone for seconds, still pondering whether you answered it now or gave him time. Too deep in your own thought, you didn't hear a footstep coming at you until they speak up,

"What are you doing?"

"Gaahhh! Tobio, you startled me!" You put your hands in front of your heart to soothe yourself, "Don't suddenly breathe on people's neck like that, Bakayama!"

"Tch, since when did you know that nickname?!" He irked to hear it. For him, it was as cursing as King of Court.

"Uhm, from Hinata." You said innocently, scratching the back of your head as if it was itchy there, "He was excellent at finding nicknames! From like five nicknames that he gave to me, I choose Bakayama since it suited you best!"

You were always like this since Junior High. Cheery, but at the same time annoying. Cute. But then again, he never complained anyway.

"And what are you doing here, Tobio? I thought you already went home." He just shrugged at your question, "You want to spend time with me, aren't you~?" You cooed, didn't expect a blush to appear on his face. But before you could say anything, he smacked a carton of milk to your face.

"Tch, as if." He walked away to the gate, and you followed behind not long after that. Both of you were now in comfortable silence. And you blinked when you realised that your house was in the same direction as him, "Why did you follow me, you creep?"

"Now, now, Tobio." You walked up ahead and turned your body, making you walk backwards, "Apparently, my house is in the same direction as yours!"

A pebble slipped on your shoes, making you stumble at the process. But before you could hit the ground, Kageyama grabbed your hand and steadied you.

"You didn't change at all." He said with an intense tone, "Why are you here, (Y/n)?"

"Who is she?"

"Oh, the whore who couldn't be far from the volleyball's team~"

"Rumor said she gave our ace a *psst*! Crazy, right?"

"She paid people to collect data and revise the games."

"That girl only accepted as the manager because she got the name before."

"(Y/n)?" You blinked, all the harsh words you got from your previous high school made you clench your hand unconsciously.

"I-I am sorry." For the first time in his life, Kageyama Tobio saw you shedding some sad tears. He widened his eyes, and while still panicking, he immediately grabbed your hand and pushed you to sit down on the park bench.

You always smile, could even make the whole team know they could win any match in the world because of how optimistic you were. But here you were right now, crying hard, letting out all of the bottled feelings inside your heart.

Kageyama sat beside you and waited until you calmed down. He gave you his jacket to be used as a tissue. The little gesture from him that was enough to calm you down. You let out a long sigh after that and turned into your friends. His dark blue eyes coated with concern.

"W-well, you know where I went before, right?" He nodded, remembering well that the two of you took the same entrance exam a few months ago.

"You don't have to tell me anything."

"No, no. I need to." You tried to control your breath, "My parents love the fact that I went to the best school. So I enrol to, yeah..." It still hurts to even declare your old school, "But there, I didn't feel at home. Not at all." You clenched your fist.