Prologue

Kitagawa Daiichi, a Junior High in the Miyagi prefecture. The first day you stood in the gymnasium on a mission to search for your childhood friend, you were amazed.

The sound of a volleyball spiked to the ground, a passionate shout when someone made a score, everything felt so beautiful—even the squeaking sound of their shoes. You have fallen in love with the atmosphere.

Since you were so absorbed from your own thought, you didn't realise as a ball bounced hard to your direction. Sadly, it hit you right on the face.

Everyone in the gymnasium walked up to you and tried to help. Iwaizumi pushed the others away and helped you to stand up. He was like a brother to you since God knows when. The spiky-haired boy expected you to cry or winch. Over everything, he didn't expect this,

"I WANT TO BE THE MANAGER!"

You blurted out all of a sudden with a red face and blood dripping down your nose. With a smile on your face, the others couldn't help but chuckle at how the first year smiled after getting hit by a volleyball.

Becoming a manager was not what everyone else thought. Helping here and there to clean up the gymnasium? Yes. Review everyone's practice pattern? Yes. Watch every match from your opponent? Yes. And a lot of other things that could be overwhelming.

But through hard work and time, you made it.

From just a girl who got hit by a volleyball to a manager who could help with literally anything for their team. Your name started to spread wider and wider every time there was a match going on between Kitagawa Daiichi with another school.

With precision, you could collect their data and make stats for any player. Two sets and you could read their movement, a rare case for someone who never played volleyball before. That was why you needed to work hard and caught up for anything related to said sport.

You always thought that going inside the gymnasium that day was a blessing.

But for your teammates, having you as a manager was a miracle itself. You were like them, full of passion when it came to volleyball. How you even learn for First Aid Kit amazed a lot of your teammates. Even your personality somehow caught someone's heart in the process.

You only needed three months for you to make a name. Known as Goddess of Support, the best manager a team could ever ask for. And it took one semester to make Oikawa Tooru call you as his girl.

You could say your time in Junior High was the best time in your life.

And you couldn't ask for more.

That time, you just didn't know that everything would never stay the same. It was natural to live in the moment after all. You found something that you love, either you saw it on the volleyball, or you found it on someone with soft brown hair.

Three years went by in a split second.

Choosing a high school was easy, right? You could go anywhere you want. Following your lover's path always became your dream. So why would you strand from there because your parents asked you too?

Maybe because of the linger in their words to have you enrol to the best school in the prefecture, and somehow you couldn't ignore the subtle wish that could be seen from their orbs.

How came everything was falling apart the times you decided someone else to choose the path for you?

Why did you decide to ignore the nagging feeling that you felt when you stood in front of him that day?

Everyone knew you needed to follow your heart, so how come you fell into their desire instead?

And what was the result of it?

Anguished.