12 | Start Now

"For volleyball's sake! How could you eat a full meal?!" You tried to hide how angry you are to Hinata, "Do you still feel nausea? Have you thrown up yet?" It's scary how you could switch from demon to angelic mother in seconds. 

It's the first day of Miyagi Prefectural Preliminaries for the Spring Interhigh. Before your team could go ahead, they need to win the prefecture elimination. For the first match, Karasuno will go against Ohgi Minami.

"Whoa, look at those pretty ladies~" Yachi flinched when she heard the opponent's team looked to the managers like some kind of snack, "What's good from Karasuno must be the managers."

You immediately escorted Yachi to be away from them. Trying to ignore their dirty looks like they were trying to undress you with their eyes.

"Kiyoko-san, Yachi and I will be up there." Your finger's pointing to a place in the stands. Shimizu nodded and left you with Yachi.

The game started with Azumane's powerful serve. It hit the opponent's court and leave everyone speechless. That's when you know this match will be good for Karasuno. 

Karasuno has become stronger since the summer camp. They've been practising with strong spike, various attack, immense defence, and you were more than happy to see their joyful smile once they win this first match in elimination.

But now, here you were, trying to calm down Yachi and Hinata. Apparently, there's one player that the height is around two hundred centimetres. Both of them flinched when the player walked past them.

It's tragic to know that the giant will be the next opponent for Karasuno. It's not that you didn't believe the team's performance, but some of them really need to get a mental boost.

The second match begins, Kakugawa made the first point in the set. You pray that your team wouldn't get down just because there's a literal titan as their enemy. Hinata's feint failed and blocked by the giant, and it made him down for a split second.

For the first minutes, Karasuno's attack was blocked again and again by the giant. It feels like a one-person team rather than a whole team. So there must be a way to past this.

Your instinct was right, Karasuno could finally manage to make points not long after that. They could found the weakness of their opponent and pursue their score.

"Freak duo you were good!" You shouted enthusiastically when Kageyama and Hinata use their signature attack for a couple of times.

"You are really energetic, (Y/n)-san." Yachi smiled beside you.

"Come on, Yacchan! They are almost winning!" Your eyes were glimmering like the sun. Focusing solely for the player and cheering at the stands feels different.

And the match ended with Karasuno's winning the first two sets. You and Yachi rushed to the court to help Shimizu with supplies and congratulate your team.

The next elimination will be held another day. You were happy that your team managed a spot in the next match. All of you were ready to go home and practise more for another day.

"I will check inside one last time, okay?" Shimizu looked to you and Yachi, "Both of you go ahead." You gave her a salute before talking to Yachi.

"Wha! I forgot my lunchbox!" Hinata exclaimed and rushed back in.

The team waited for Hinata and Shimizu. It took a lot of time for them to check the room, and it made you worried.

You heard footstep from the door, expecting Shimizu or Hinata to stand there and smile. But it turns out to be the member of another team. They look at Karasuno with a glare, and it made your eyes twitched.

One of the members with undercut and spiky blond hair turned to look at you. He gave you a sly smirk that makes your heart boil.

"We are sorry to make you wait!" You heard Hinata screamed from the door. Your attention was now focused on your team, didn't care for the intense gaze that someone gave to you.

***

Two months before another elimination round, everyone's been practising hard for it. The managers were doing everything to make the practice ran smoothly.

"Yacchan, let me bring that." You take a basket of towels from Yachi's hand, "I think Kiyoko-san need help to prepare the supplies. I am going to take it out now."

"Wha! Thank you, (Y/n)-san!" She bowed and left you to your duty. You hummed and walked outside when you spot someone walked past you.

"Tobio?" You blinked while he jolted when you called his name. He wore a black hoodie, snapback, and sunglasses.

"You could know that it's me?!" He sounded shocked, and you nodded, "Ah, damn it." Kageyama immediately threw away the sunglasses and the snapback. 

"Why are you disguise yourself?"

"Uhm..." He pondered, didn't know should he told you what is he going to do or not, "I want to observe another school that we possibly face in the elimination."

"It's Aobajohsai, isn't it?" You question it with a smile, and he flinched when you said the school name and nodded a little, "Alright, if you want to go there unnoticed... Why you didn't wear your practice clothes instead?"

"Oh, that's... I didn't think of that." He turned around, so he didn't have to look at you. Kageyama always felt more stupid when you were around.

"Well, now, you know." You continue to walk past him, "Come back with a piece of great information, will you?"

"Alright."

While waiting for Kageyama's return, you help others by setting the ball to them. Yamaguchi even asked you to help him serve. It was late at night when you heard Kageyama opened up the door to the gym.

"Ah, you're back, Tobio!" You tossed the ball to the basket and ran up to him. Hinata's hot on your trail, "How is it? How is it? Tell me everything!" Kageyama put a faint smile when he looked at the fiery passion in your eyes.

"About that," He looked straight to you and Hinata, "I would never beat Oikawa-san."

"What are you talking about?! Don't joke around!" Hinata exclaimed angrily with his words. What did Kageyama saw today?

"Today, Aobajohsai have a match with the alumnus. Oikawa-san becomes the setter for them." Kageyama's story reminded you about how dangerous that setter is, "Even when it's the first time Oikawa-san play with them, it feels like he's always the part of the team."

You know about it. Oikawa Tooru wasn't born with talent as a volleyball player. But that's what makes him dangerous. He created his own skill by time and hard work. Between Kageyama and Oikawa, the big difference is their flight hours.

"Not everyone could do that, sometimes not even when they are on the same team for a very long time." Kageyama clenched his fist, "But, he could bring the best side of their player freely."

"So, you are afraid of him?" Hinata asked without any joke or sarcasm.

"Yes, I am terrified of him." But Kageyama smirked at this, "Aobajohsai is in their peak performance because of Oikawa-san, and our chance to met him is through the Spring Tournament." You smiled to see how much he has changed, "I am sure we could win this as a team!"

"Alright!" Even though it's already past the normal practise time, you are ready to help the team, "Everyone heard Tobio! Let's bring them down together!"

"Osu!!!"