16 | On the Court

You questioned yourself what are you doing here. When the match is started, you usually go with Yachi to the tribune and shouted to the top of your lungs for the team. So now, why are you standing beside coach Ukai in the court?

"I am so sorry, (Y/n)-san." Shimizu bowed to you numerously, "But I couldn't attend the match with Aobajohsai after this." You blinked, confused.

"Eh? Does something happen, Kiyoko-san? You are not hurt, aren't you?" You and Yachi panicked when you heard her request.

"I am okay," Your beautiful upperclassmen straightened her posture, "But my family needs me, and I need to check on them for a while. It's better for a manager in court to not be switched in the middle of the game."

"Eh? Then why not Yacchan?" When you turned to look at Yachi, her face is pale, "Oh my-Yacchan! I am joking!"

"Are you okay, (L/n)?" Takeda-sensei asked you, "You seems like you have something on your mind."

"I am alright, Takeda-sensei." You nodded at him, "It's just... It's been so long since I stood on the court. I want to absorb the energy, I think." You chuckled awkwardly while Coach Ukai suddenly ruffled your hair,

"Do your best as a manager, (L/n)." You grinned when you heard his encouragement. Yes, this is your job, something that you love since years ago.

So you switched to your manager perspective immediately, eyes darted to Aobajohsai and found a new player that's not in the previous match.

"There, coach." You pointed vaguely to someone with short-cropped blond hair, "That's Kyoutani Kentarou." You started to tell him about his attack and role on the team. The coach noted this and told your teammates about him.

It's time for them to make a line before the match started. Oikawa seems to be focusing on Kageyama, and that's what you hope for the entire game. If the brown-haired captain only concentrates on your setter, it will make it easier to do any attack from another player.

"We will win this match," Hinata said to Kageyama. His dark blue eyes looked straight to Oikawa.

"Of course," He replied without hesitation. Eyes were darting to your figure on the bench, "I have a promise to keep after all."

Karasuno won the coin to choose what are they going to do first. Your team decided to be the one who receives. The first one who serves the ball is Oikawa, Karasuno needs to break the serve so there would be no momentum.

Thank the crow that your team has Daichi. Your captain could save the ball, but it bounced to the opponent's area. Kindaichi, a middle blocker from Aobajohsai, hit the ball down. With speed, Kageyama hit the ball with his left hand.

You smirked when Nishinoya jumped to set the ball. Azumane is on the line and spikes the ball hard. Making the first point fall to Karasuno.

"YOSSHAAA!!!" The whole team roared, you couldn't help but chuckled and let out a satisfying sigh.

The match between Karasuno and Aobajohsai started at a fierce pace. Aobajohsai could stop the first quick attack, but you believe that Hinata and Kageyama could do it.

Kageyama tried to bring Hinata's focus back by kicking him. You laughed at this and feel more at ease when the two of them looks that they could do it when there's a chance.

But fighting Aobajohsai wouldn't be that easy, your entire team knew that. With just a split second, they could read what's Karasuno will be doing next and control the game.

"He's going to use it," You muttered under your breath. Coach Ukai heard it and turned to look at you.

"What is it, (L/n)?"