8 | Summer Camp

You yawned while both of your hands were occupied with unloading the supplies for the camp. Shimizu and Yachi notice this, they giggled at the same time when they saw how your hair dishevelled.

"You look tired, (Y/n)." Shimizu stated, "How many hours that you slept last night?" You put down the supply on the concrete and count with your hands.

"Hmm... Maybe two or three?" You tilted your head and shrugged, "I can't get enough sleep last night."

"Something on your mind?" Yachi asked while you could only blink. Shimizu gave Yachi a warning look before closing the minibus.

"Oh, nothing!" You lied, and everyone knows this except yourself, "My mind just wandering about today's camp. That's all."

Shimizu and Yachi decided to just drop it from now. It's too soon for them to make you open the page of your life that you couldn't even share to your friend since junior high.

"Eh? I just realise that we're in a different school." Yachi exclaimed while looked around.

"Actually, the summer camp always held in Shinzen." Shimizu explained some of the facts about the training camp, "What do you think about the place, (Y/n)?"

"Hm?" You realised their eyes were looking at you, "It's peaceful here, I like it." A genuine smile plastered on your face, and it's enough to make the other girls happy.

After placing the supplies and change your clothes, you and the other manager went to court. Coach Ukai decided to rotate the player every now and then. You stood in the middle of Shimizu and Yachi.

Your eyes locked to Kageyama, he seemed to be stiffer and failed to pass the ball to Hinata. The first one was too short while the second one was too high. But Hinata could hit the ball with his left hand and make a score.

The other school judge Karasuno's team for the match with Fukurodani. But you know that deep down they're all practising to excel in this camp. By the end, of course, Fukurodani wins, and your team need to run uphill for the punishment.

You looked to Tsukishima; he's the only one who didn't change at all. It's like his passion is volleyball was now dissipated entirely.

"When will they need to be back?" You asked Shimizu when all of you were down preparing the mineral waters for the team

"Hmm, one more set and they need to come back here." She tucked her silky hair behind her ears, "We could go from now, the other school would use this side of the court."

"But I think I am going to research more. I couldn't just-"

"Relax, (Y/n)." Shimizu chuckled because of how pumped up you are since yesterday, "You need to rest. You've been helping a lot. Not to mention you didn't get enough sleep last night."

"Alright." You let out a sigh, "What are you going to do, Kiyoko-san? Yacchan?"

"Oh, I think I will just uhm..." Yachi's still shy around Shimizu, "Revising my notes from school while waiting for the next match."

"Whoa! You brought your notebook?" You asked exasperated, "That's wholesome."

"Well, I-"

"Hoi, sorry." Your head jerked to a guy with a bedhead, Kuroo Tetsurou, "I can't help but noticing the new managers." You steal glances with Yachi before bowing down.

"I am (L/n) (F/n), we talked briefly at the last camp before." From the data that you collect, he's some kind of a playboy and love to tease girls. You are worried that he will try to hit on Yachi. She couldn't handle Hinata sometimes, let alone real trouble.

"And I am Yachi Hitoka." She followed your gesture. His smirk wasn't dangerous like the last camp. What behind his eyes was only a mere curiosity.

"I am Kuroo, Kuroo Tetsurou." He gave you a sly smirk, "But as a manager from opponent's team, I am sure you all know about me." Sometimes you want to just slap that gorgeous face.

"I will be going to head down to the boys." Shimizu nodded at Kuroo before walked away, and Yachi shockingly followed her behind without warning. Leaving you there with the one and only Nekoma's captain.

"How things with the Grand King?" You almost choked from the questions, but you keep your composure and shrugged.

"Good," You lied again, "But we are not together anymore." A minute alone with him and he's already giving you a headache, "So if you want some kind of information about him, I am not your girl." You let out a sigh, "Since he treated me like a stranger, not that I blame him."

You muttered your last words, hoping that he didn't hear your sentence clearly. Talking about the brown-haired boy somehow took a lot of your stamina. And two people already asked about him in twenty-four hours.

"Hmm..." You looked up to analyse what's behind his gaze, "So, single?"

You blinked at the question, "Him? I don't know, maybe." He deadpanned after hearing your answer.

"Why should I asked about him being single or not." He sighed and crossed his arms in front of his chest, "I am asking you, new manager."

"Oh? Oh..." You gripped your tablet a little bit tighter, "Well, yeah. I guess I am." He nodded at your answer, a content smile plastered on his face.

"I want to drag someone from your team tonight." Your ears perked up, interesting. "That Tsukishima guy? I want to see him blocked Bokuto's spike."

"That's not going to be easy." You ponder, thinking for a way to make Tsukishima agreed on this but found none, "But may I asked you why you wanted to drag him? What do you want to with Tsuki?" Your motherly side kicked in.

"Don't worry! We are not going to do anything to him!" We? So it's not just him, then.

"Alright, then what is it?"

"I want to test his limit." You nodded, "He's not the brightest player. But as a middle blocker, I couldn't help but want to help him grow."

"He didn't have a passion for volleyball like anyone else." You tried to remember his routine, "Thats why you need to drag him like you didn't plan it before."

Kuroo nodded from the information. He knew something was off with Tsukishima. Maybe the glasses boy just tired for a non-stop practice. But it turns out to be more than that.

"Then... Do you know how to drag him, new manager?" He teased you, "You are his manager after all. Of course, you could find a way to do it, right?"

"I-"

"Or does the nickname of yours only works because of your pretty face?" You clenched your fist, hating the fact that he dares to insult someone he barely knew.

"I have something in mind," Your voice become so much darker than before, not to mention how your eyes looked at him like you could eat him whole, "But I need you to help me with this."

He shuddered a little by your gaze, but he wouldn't show it,

"Alright, tell me what to do."