22 | Mad Block

You couldn't stop to knock your fingers on the railing, gritting your teeth as you saw how powerful Ushijima is. Well, the whole team knows about it already. Karasuno seems nervous about the entire ordeal, but when Nishinoya could receive the ball, everything started to fall into pieces.

The fact that Kageyama and Nishinoya could play like they used to calm the whole team. They currently took a rest; the first set was won by Shiratorizawa. But you believe in your teammates that they could do it, there's still a lot of chances.

For the first set, the game flows beautifully. Karasuno could receive most of the ball with ease. Finally, your team could turn the tide by making point after point. Though, Shiratorizawa didn't bring out their best performance yet. They all know what Ushijima capable of, but they need to realise that Shiratorizawa is a team.

Hinata gets to play once again, from his expression, he's going to attack immediately. You widened your eyes as you see someone eyeing the small middle blocker. Kageyama tossed the ball to Hinata, and he spiked it hard.

But someone could block it so easily.

"Who is that?" You heard Tsukishima Akiteru's voice beside you, "He didn't really stand out before, but now..." Concern lingering in his voice. You could only let out a long sigh.

"That's Tendou Satori." The older man turned to look at you, "In my opinion, he is one of the best blockers that I have ever seen." Everyone who has been long enough in Volleyball must have heard about him, "He was famous as a Guess Monster."

Tendou is a mad man. He could guess precisely where's the ball going to spiked. It's a great thing for your team to take time out, they all need a new strategy if they want to win this.

"Hey, miracle girl!" You jolted as you walk on the school ground, a little bit embarrassed with the nickname that he gave to you, "Do you need help with that?" Tendou pointing out a bag of volleyballs in your back. You are irritated with the man today; he pranked you for the whole day.

"No, Tendou-san!" But even after you said that, he immediately pulled the strap from your shoulder, "TENDOU-SAN!" He ran to the gymnasium as you follow behind him. The man could act like a child sometimes, but when he's on the court, no one could stop him if he wanted to.

He's someone unpredictable. You couldn't accurately pinpoint what he's going to do at the court. You were now standing on the gym, a little bit irritated. You are grateful because someone wanted to help you, but sometimes, you just didn't like to burden the others.

"Heyyo, (Y/n)!" He called out to you after putting the volleyballs on the basket, "Help me with this like always, okay?" White tape is on his palm, Ushijima's looked at the interaction between the two of you with an unreadable face.

"No,"  You blurted out, making the red-haired middle blocker to gasp, "I need to check something from the storage room." The entire third-year blinked, wondering what made you refused the request.

"What did you do?" You heard Ushijima's asking with a little emotion in his voice.

"Wha- Why you think that I do some-" Tendou whined, but the dark olive eyes stared at him with an intense glare, "Okay, okay. So I kinda change her ringtone for my contact and always produce sound when there's a message or call from me." Semi was now looking at him with the same glare, "Uhm- It's me saying 'It's me, Tendou Satori! AND SCHOOL SUCKS!' repeatedly, and I called her today."

"Today, when?" Leon has been listening to the confession,

"It's the third period." Tendou answered sheepishly, "And she has an exam." It was silence for a few seconds, Goshiki shuddered all of a sudden from the menacing aura that radiated from the others third-years.