17 | Winner takes it All

For seconds, you have been trying so hard to ignore the voices from beside you. Tanaka bit his uniform and groaned, you wanted to ask him if he's okay, but you have the gut feeling that it mostly about your act before.

"You shouldn't have encouraged her, (L/n)!" Tanaka stated beside you angrily. Indeed, you shouldn't encourage your opponent, especially their captain. Now you feel incredibly guilty about it.

Oikawa's serve and focus have been improved a lot since the second set started. The fact that Kyoutani works even better and became more cooperative, resulting in them to win the second match.

"It's not her fault." Kageyama piped in all of a sudden, "She just did what she should do," He gulped on his mineral water, "Like... Like a friend should do."

"He's right, don't blame it all on her." Sawamura added, "Don't worry about it, okay?" His hand ruffled your hair gently. The kind gesture almost makes you sobbed. But you hold it for the sake of the team.

This is what you don't like from having someone that you care for in another school. You cursed yourself at first for not going to Aobajohsai. But maybe, if you were ever going there, you wouldn't meet all of these beautiful crows and some intriguing cats and owls.

"(L/n), do you want to say something for the team?" Coach Ukai addressed you all of a sudden, and you jolted when everyone was now looking at you, making you bit your lip for the immediate attention.

"I-I do," You nodded and looked to your new family one by one, "All of you has shown me how much hard work will pay off, how everyone enjoys every second in the court, and it is so beautiful."

"I know I am not here at the start, but I promise that I will be there every step of the way." You gave them a broad smile, "I believe in you guys to win this!"

It's silence for a second until your teammates teared up at the same time. Tsukishima and Kageyama only looked to the side with red blush adorning their cheeks.

"Final set! We have to win from Aobajohsai!" Sawamura declared as we make a circle, "KARASUNO....."

"FIGHT!"

When the set started, you only hope that your team could hold the serve from Aobajohsai. The first point is like a snowball, and it will roll again and again if it's right. So they must turn the tide from the start.

Even though Azumane could save the ball after Oikawa's serve, the ball still hit the net and make a point for the opponent. From what you have seen, the Aobajohsai captain is now in full control. It's like he's in a zone, and no one could break it.

Time is ticking, now both of the team always catch up with each other's score. What makes you worried is how Kyoutani finally become one with the team. Bond could strength a lot of things, especially in a sports team.

The score is the same now, 16 vs 16. Hinata jumped too close to the net, but you believe that Kageyama could set it right. The ball flew past the net a little, Hinata could hit it, making a score for the team.

The game keeps going on and on. There's a time when Aobajohsai could overtake the game, but your team could catch up. It's going like that for a while, again and again.

Oikawa didn't want to lose, especially if there's Kageyama on the team. Between the genius and hard worker, he knew deep down no matter how much he tried, Kageyama will always stride ahead.

But that didn't stop him from trying. He wouldn't stop, not until he broke all of his bone. So when Aobajohsai's player protected their neck with their hands, you know what the captain was going to do.