21 | Old Teammate

The second Karasuno's bus arrived in Sendai Gymnasium, and you immediately tried hard to hold back Kageyama and Hinata who literally just want to dash inside. They were like a child, but thanks with a little sugarcoat about food, they could finally calm down.

You walked to the Gymnasium beside Hinata, eyes focusing to the front. Some students from another school were talking about how Karasuno, the flightless crow, could defeat Aobajohsai. That's when you notice someone standing near the entrance.

Oh god, why it must him from all people?

Ushijima Wakatoshi was standing there with his usual stony face. The others stopped, murmuring between each other about their rival. But of course, your two baby crows decided to keep going ahead, now face to face with your old teammate.

"Hinata Shouyou, Kageyama Tobio." His olive-green eyes fall at the two.

"We are here now," You couldn't see his face, but Kageyama must be using his usual scowl.

"We are from the concrete soil that couldn't grow, will defeat you and continue to the national!" Hinata half-shouted, words filled with determination as he spoke. You couldn't be more proud of the two, remembering that one time when they first encounter Ushijima, his words really affect them.

Your eyes fall to your teammates, smile and smirk started to grow on their faces. Even Yachi looks determined and more confidence. By that, you smiled and look back to Ushijima as his eyes were now staring at you. Your smile turned into a smirk, making the tall player trying hard not to twitched his eyes out of irritation.

"I will be waiting for that." His eyes were now back to the two, "We will meet at the court." And with that, he walked back inside, just like that.

"Damn it," You heard Hinata cursed, "I want to play against him now," Kageyama smirked as you walked towards the two. They both met your eyes, fiery passion twirling inside all of your orbs.

"Sawamura!" You jolted when you heard the familiar voice. Michimiya, the captain of the girls' volleyball team, was now running towards your captain with another two players behind her. You could see a faint blush adorning her cheek, that fact makes you smile as you saw her giving a token to Sawamura.

"Your smile is creepy, you know," Kageyama remarked beside you, "I wonder how come Oikawa-san love someone like you."

"Excuse me?" You were now irritated, making you feel like the boy who confessed to you last night was never there, "I am sorry, King. But you are one of the people who-" Kageyama immediately clamped your mouth with his hand, blush spread on his cheek, knowing the full sentence already.

"Hey, you two! Come on, let's go inside!" Sawamura screamed out, he's now right in front of the entrance, "How come you dozed off like that." He shook his head as you and Kageyama walked towards him, still glaring on each other.

Tanaka and Nishinoya looked amazed by how crowded the gymnasium is. Well, everyone wanted to see the flightless crow who was now starting to fly after all. Suddenly, you just have the urge to go to the restroom and tell the other managers before running.

You started to remember when Hinata told you about how creepy going to the restroom is. He told you about the encounter with Aobajohsai, Shiratorizawa, and Date Tech. Just imagining that could make you laugh.

"Oh, it's the traitor." You jerked your head to the side and saw some students from Shiratorizawa. Great, another drama. When your eyes met them, you only gave them a little smile and decided to go away.

But luck is not on your side today.

Suddenly they grabbed your hand and pulled your body towards them, "Hey! We are talking to you!" Anger slither your mind as you draw your own hand out of their grasp, "Oho? You are bold now, I see."