19 | Before the Storm

"Couldn't they show a little bit of us?" Tanaka remarked angrily at the tv show. All of the Karasuno VBC was now back to the school. Curled up together to watch the sports show that covered the whole match of the Prelimination.

Tomorrow, Karasuno will meet Shiratorizawa on the final round of prelimination. If your team could win against them, they will go ahead to the national. The whole country knew about how powerful the elite school is. Ushijima is not the only one who got skills, but the entire team consist of the best player on the prefecture.

After giving the data about Shiratorizawa to your team, now you were walking down with Yachi and check the gymnasium before heading home. When you saw the light still on, you knew for sure who occupied it this time of day.

"They don't know what rest meant, huh." You walked to the door to found Kageyama and Hinata practising, "Hoi, don't get too hard on yourself."

The two players turned to look at you, eyes gleaming with happiness when they saw two of their managers still lingering on the school ground, "Wah! Yachi-san, (Y/n)-chan! Could one of you help us to throw the ball?"

"Today you were fighting on two matches! Please take a rest for tomorrow." Yachi scolded the two boys without stuttering, and it made you proud somehow. Hinata kept bothering Yachi and pleaded her to help them. You could only stare at the two, snickering at their interaction. Oblivious to deep blue eyes which gaze to your direction.

Now here you are, throwing the ball to Kageyama as he set it to Hinata. You and Yachi switch position periodically so your stamina wouldn't be drained. The four of you take a rest for a while.

PYou brought mineral water to them as they feel satisfied with the extra practice. After they were down, you locked the gymnasium and walked home with Kageyama. He waited for you in front of the school gate.

You saw him talking to Hinata about the match tomorrow. They have been through a lot to be here right now. You couldn't feel more proud of all of their achievement.

"Ah, (Y/n)-chan!" Hinata noticed you and waved his hand, "Come here, Kageyama's waiting for you." The setter immediately smacked his head angrily, a blush visible on his face.

"I know he would." You chuckled and walked out to them, "See you tomorrow, Hinata! Make sure to get a lot of rest!" As you walked home, yu retrieved a message and smiled when you saw the name. The smile made you look creepy, that's what your teammates said. But Kageyama knew what could make you smile like that.

"Is it Oikawa-san?" He asked you all of a sudden, making you almost dropped your phone to the ground, "I bet it is."

"Why you attacked me like this?!" You looked at him as he ruffled your hair to erase the pout on your face, "It is Tooru, though. You are not wrong." Kageyama didn't know either he should be happy to see you smile or focusing on the pang in his heart.

"You look happy."

"I am," And that was enough for him to let you go entirely, "Yes we hurt each other before, but a fact that we still love each other even after months without contact makes me realised that we are stronger together." Both of you were now standing in front of your house. You turned around to face your friend who didn't move an inch, "Do you need something, Tobio?"

His orbs finally dare to look at you, observing the detail on your face. How the wind moved your hair and your concern eyes that fell to his figure. Kageyama letting out a long sigh and clenched his fist. He really wanted to feel your lips on his since years ago. But he knew for sure he would never forgive himself if he hurt you like that.

"I like you," Three simple words emitted from his lips, making your eyes widened.

"I-I like you too, Tobio. You know that..." You really hope that what he meant is different from your thought, "You are one of my best friend that I really care." He smiled at this,