25 | Incoming Storm

"We need to talk,"

You didn't like the sound of that, not at all. But you try to be as positive as you can and hide your worries that are brimming inside your heart. It was Oikawa, he wouldn't do something that will jeopardize your relationship, right?

"Oh, sure!" There was only silence from the other line, "Tooru?" You are not used to the silent, Oikawa Tooru never acted like this towards you and the scenario in your mind burned like an acid.

"C-Can I go to your house instead?" It was so sudden, but his voice sounded desperate that you couldn't help but comply,

"Of course!" Once again, you tried to act bubbly. He has his own demon inside of him, and you didn't want to push him too far, "I am still with Karasuno, how about an hour from now?"

"That would be great," You smiled when you heard his voice was back to normal, "I am going to hang up now then, see you later, (Y/n)."

"See you later, Tooru."

"Oh, wait," Before he hung up, he called out to you once again, "I love you," Somehow, you could sense something from how he blurted the three words. You felt the butterfly, but there's something else that was more powerful as he said that.

"And I love you too." But again, you decided not to dwell in it. Your phone is still situated on your right ears even though he's already hung up the call.

It was scary how someone could make such an impact in your life. You knew from the start that being in love with him only meant one thing, uncertainty.

You didn't know where the tide would take you as long as you were in love with the setter. He was unpredictable, and you even knew that his love towards you and volleyball was pretty much equal.

Didn't want to dwell too much into it, you decided to go back inside. You blinked when you saw everyone was looking at you with curiosity playing in their eyes.

"G-Guys?"

"What did that bastard tell you?!" "I am going to kick his ass!" "Did he hurt you?"

You eyed Kageyama who was now looking down at the floor with guilt appearing in his eyes. You let out a sigh, know that the setter told the whole team about your reason to go outside.

"Tooru just wants to talk, that's all!" You gave them a reassuring smile, "We were just planning a date night today, you guys have nothing to worry about!" You didn't completely lie, and somehow you know you really hope it would be a date instead of whatever that was going to happen.

The others immediately let out a sigh of relief, ready to go home to their own family as they were just waiting for you. You were happy to know him, and you have no regret to sign yourself as their manager.

Not even the slightest.

You went home with Kageyama, due to the fact that your house literally stood side by side. Even though you said that everything is alright, the setter knows you like the back of his hand.

The walk was silent, and somehow it scared me. He was afraid that something happened, but he didn't want to pressure you. And he could only hope that today will be fine for you.

"Thank you for walking with me, Tobio." You smiled at him, it was a genuine smile that he always enjoyed seeing.

"I live right beside you, of course I would walk with you." He said bluntly, and his intonation made you chuckle, "I hope everything would be alright for you and him."

You stopped your chuckle when you heard them say that, it's like he already knew that something was going to happen. But you won't show the worried that lingered on your mind,