3 | Surprise Encounter

Karasuno's Volleyball Team, including you, were now standing on the Heartbreak Hill. Sawamura decided that the team needed to increase their stamina. You were there to keep track of everyone, and thank god your phone was good enough to be a stopwatch and to save some notes. You typed down, ten times running up the hill, with everyone running in pairs.

The first team was Ennoshita and Tanaka. You ran to follow them and noted how much the track affects their bodies. Not long, you heard a shout that belongs to Kageyama and Hinata. And before you could praise them from being so passionate about this, they run past everyone in a second.

"TOBIO! HINA- Ah, screw this." You take off your jacket and entrust it to Yamaguchi, "I am not getting paid enough for this!" You grumbled under your breath and ran to follow the two.

Both of them had extreme stamina, that's what you could conclude from how they keep running miles after miles. You made a space between you and them, and your legs have almost given up by now. But praise the lord as they finally stopped near a minimarket.

Those two turned their heads at the same time, only to find you there. Both of them could see the fuming in your eyes, and they knew they screwed up big time.

"(L/n)! Your stamina-" Before Hinata could finish his sentence (wanting to sugarcoat you), you pinched his and Kageyama's ear, "H-hurts!"

"You guys really acted like a child!" You shouted at the two of them, "Both of you were supposed to run until the first intersection. Not here!" You let go and walked towards the minimarket, "I will buy something to drink for all of us. Don't go anywhere!"

You were currently out of sight. Kageyama and Hinata immediately blamed each other because now you were angry with them.

"We are in Wakano?" Hinata pondered.

"Aren't Wakano near Shiratorizawa?" Kageyama added.

"Shiratorizawa? You mean, Ushiwaka's school?!" Hinata screamed from the information, excitement bubbling on his voice.

"Do you have something to do with me?"

You currently look around the minimarket, wanting to buy mineral water and some buns for everyone. After you were done with everything, you walked outside to find no one. Not even a trace of humans could be seen at this point. Why am I not even surprised anymore? You pondered.

"(Y/n)?" You jolted when you heard your name, and you turned around to found Semi Eita. Your ex-teammate, "So it's you." From how long he heaved his chest right now, you knew that Shiratorizawa must be doing some jogging routine.

"Hello, Semi-senpai." His eyes looked at you and the heavy groceries bag on your hands. Without asking for your permission, he immediately grabbed one of the groceries bags from your hand.

"Eita." He muttered.

"What?" You blinked, wanted to make sure if you heard him right or not.

"You always called me Eita." His gaze couldn't be read as those dark eyes bore at yours, "Just because you didn't go to Shiratorizawa anymore, doesn't mean we have to become strangers."

You almost cried at this. There were actually a lot of good people on your team, so why were you running away that easily? Semi turned to look at your face, and he could immediately found the sadness in your eyes,

"Where are you going?" Semi tried to change the subject, and you knew damn well about his attempt. You smiled and told him about your two children who were missing from your care.

"Does one of them look tall, black-haired, and scowling non-stop?" He just looked from his phone, receiving a message from his friends, "Because if it's true, they are currently talking with Ushiwaka near our gymnasium."