15 | Accident Happen

Your eyes focused to the court where Sawamura sprawled on the ground, for seconds, he didn't even move an inch. The match between Karasuno and Wakutani are going smooth so far. But in a split second, your captain is lying there on the court.

You and Yachi let out a long sigh when you saw your captain moved his body. Rewind for minutes before, he and Tanaka trying to save a ball in the same direction. Resulting Tanaka's arm to hit Sawamura's face in the process.

Sawamura needed to be taken to hospital and will be leaving with coach Ukai. Now, your eyes were back to the court and see Ennoshita as a substitute for your captain.

You pray that Ennoshita could defeat his nervousness. Play with the captain and play to substitute him is different. You could sense how this role burdened him, but you know with the support from others, they could lift the burden together.

Ennoshita failed to save the ball at first, still nervous about being on the court to substitute Sawamura. But then your prayer has been answered. He could finally receive the ball perfectly, and it soared towards Kageyama. The setter threw it to Azumane and made a score.

When Karasuno won the first match, you immediately hug Yachi. The tension between the team and all of the wild feelings stressing you more than anything else. Yachi patted you in the back and hugged you tighter.

This is why you need another manager around, and Yachi is the perfect role.

The second set was intense, Wakutani wouldn't get down that easily. Your team looked tired and dazed. When one of the pillars is gone, they need to substitute it and adapted with the new pillar.

And for now, they still adapting.

"I can't see this!" Yachi squealed when Wakutani spike made a score, winning the second set of the game. You groaned at this, but you need to become optimist for the final set.

The third set is very much alike from the previous. Both team always make a score consecutively.

"What are they going to do, (Y/n)?" Yachi pointed at the turnover player between Tanaka and Ennoshita.

"Oh," You smiled at the realisation, "Since Tanaka is stronger when receiving, Ennoshita will be the one who handles the ball if it fell in the middle." You believe in your team performance and tactics.

The game starts with the new formation. And like Ennoshita said, he could handle the ball that has been bounce towards him correctly. Nishinoya hit it to Hinata, but the wall of blocker jumped in front of him.

What Hinata do after that make you smirk. Hinata spikes the ball right to the blocker's hand. Making it bounce back to Karasuno's court.

"Hah, thank you, Koutarou." You remember that night at the camp when your cousin taught Hinata about rebound. It's similar with basketball rebound that hit the ring. But in volleyball, the ball hit the player instead.

The set continues, the score was now the same. Two more points and Karasuno will proceed to the next level. One of the players from Wakutani messed up the serve, making a point for Karasuno.

Wakutani made the next serve, and it hit the net but fall to Karasuno's court. Nishinoya saves the ball, and it bounced to the sky. Kageyama set the ball to Hinata, but they failed to make their quick attack. Resulting Hinata to spike it with his left hand without thinking.

"Hinata! Don't be panic!" Ennoshita screamed, "Great jump!" Those words are enough to restore their faith. If the third year graduated from Karasuno, he would become a great captain.

Though, the chance ball couldn't be stopped by Kageyama or Hinata, making it flew to the back.

And Ennoshita's there to save the day.