Chapter Twenty Five

She had requested for a car to drop Azeezat off at her house the last time she saw her. She added the personalized note to the boxes of dresses she had ordered for her and her mom the day she had invited them.

She had found out Azeezat's mom didn't have a job and she had made the mental note to introduce her to her father.

"Marcella, are you almost done. Grandfather just called and he is expecting us" her mom yelled from the foyer that morning.

A night before the Fundraiser, she and her mom had participated in their special Girls night out. Just the two of them. They had spent the whole day together. They had flown to Carpe Verde that morning in one of the families private jet and by the time night came they were sitting in their living area, wearing matching pajamas and watching Sleepless in Seattle.
Marcella had leaned on her. She sat up when the thought of what could be had overwhelmed her.

Would she still love her like her own if she had a daughter?
"Mom!" She called out

"Yes honey?" Dare had answered as she started to rub on Marcella's arm. Marcella didn't say anything

"What's wrong baby"
"Nothing, Mom" She said " I just wanted to hear your voice"

Her mom pushed back the hair that had fell on her forehead and kissed her.
"I love you baby"

" I love you too mom"
She felt safe and happy in that moments she wrapped her arms around her

"Help me give this to the driver going to pick up Azeezat and her mom up for today. Thank you Lola"

She handed the boxes over to her and watched her walk away with them. She couldn't wait to see them stun in the outfits her favorite designer had created especially for them.

She felt a strong headache and immediately held on to her head. She lost balance and she quickly held on to the table beside her.

The headaches had been coming from time to time with images that felt like flashbacks from her childhood that she couldn't seem to remember.

Today's headache was worse and she managed to walk off to the elevator. She stumbled around as she made her way to her room. Her vision was blurry and everything she looked at appeared in fours. The greetings of the helps and guards who passed by echoed in her ear as they appeared to be closer than they actually were. The hallway was closing in on her. She wondered if this was what being drunk or being hungover felt like then she hit the floor. The last things she heard were voices

"Help!" She heard

"My name is Demi" she heard a little boy say she turned in her hospital bed to look at him but she was all alone in the room. She saw Elsa in her hand and she saw that she wasn't the little Marcella that was always in the hospital. She was grown Marcella carrying little Marcella's toy.
She looked up at the toilet door as she started to hear whispers that grew louder. The voices of two children giggling and whispering.She stood up and approached the door slowly.

She stretched her hand out to the door knob slowly. Then it burst open. She jumped back as a child ran out.

The child was her. She was laughing . Her sweet laughter echoed in the room and so did the joy she felt.

Marcella looked at her as she jumped on the bed laughing. " Demi! Demi!" she called out " where are you, Demi"

She stopped jumping on the bed as she held on tight to Elsa.
Marcella felt a swift breeze brush her roughly. She tried to catch a glimpse of what it was and all she saw was the shadow of a child.