Chapter thirty Five

"....On behalf of my entire family, I will like to thank everyone in attendance today for the donations that have been made  and to everyone else who made tonight a success in memory of the ones we've lost who are yet to be forgotten. I say thank you" thunderous cheer game from the crowd after Grandfather ended his speech.

     Marcella couldn't help but roll her eyes where she stood behind him on the stage with the rest of them that had been in the living area except Debola and Dara, who had offered to stay with her.

"Go where? Not until you find my daughter" she yelled after Ola's mom made her announcement.

   Everyone was in shock about what she had revealed but everyone knew they had to finish what they had started by going out and acting like nothing had happened. Marcella wished it would be the last time she would have to act this way.

"You be a good girl for now. once we put an end to the charity, you can go back to hating everyone's guts " Tobi Talabi said to her strictly as he walked past her on his way out of the living area. She didn't know what it was but she's always sort of feared him the most.

   Her uncle couldn't care less what anyone felt about him. He never did and never will but he knew very well how to create a facade like the politician he was.

          "You people are not going anywhere till I see my child" Debola  yelled as Grandfather stood up slowly he walked towards her and  everywhere fell silent for a moment.

     The old man stopped in front her. He stood tall for his age and he didn't crouch his back as much as old people his age did.

      She wanted to say something, she wanted to act irrationally. She thought about holding on to his clothes as if that would hasten the return of her daughter. All these thoughts and she couldn't bring herself to act or say anything now that he was standing in front of her, staring back at her blankly as tears ran down her cheeks.

    He hit his walking stick on the floor before walking past her. His shoulders brushing hers a little before she fell down to her knees and started to crying.

        The only pregnant woman in the room hurried to her side as the rest walked out behind the old man.

      "She will be fine I promise you. My husband will make sure nothing happens to her" she kept on saying as she patted her back while she cried.

    "I am so sorry, I am so sorry. They were after me. It should have been me" Marcella said from behind her

"Marcella please go and meet your father, please" Dara pleaded as she held on to the crying woman

       A few minutes later they stood by the main entrance, shaking and exchanging pleasantries as the guests started to leave.

Marcella stood at the far end, greeting who ever walked by her side before going over to greet the next person.

      "You have to assure everyone else that Azeezat is doing fine. I will tell you more later" Marcella whispered to Mide as she left with the rest of the kids at their table. She nodded back frankly before saying

"Okay, sure. No problem"
     Marcella watched as they all walked down the steps cheering at something Fredrick and KT was doing before the valets drove their car into the driveway. Marcella waved them goodbye before turning away when someone else greeted her. She stood by for a few moments, watching how well are family was at doing what they did best.