Ch 34: Kjerag's Macho Asking for Help

(So reality and imagination must differ in the end.)

Lin Yie thinks while pouring tea for the macho man.

There is no furry girl who needs his help, but there is a masculine man with horns and a worried look.

(Is that a bull demon? Isn't he too big? Will his chest burst through his skin-tight clothes? But why are you wearing tights? Even my roommate doesn't even wear them

(Is that a bull demon? Isn't he too big? Will his chest burst through his skin-tight clothes? But why are you wearing tights? Even my roommate doesn't even wear them.)

Lin Yie complains in his mind while preparing tea for the guest.

"Have some tea." Lin Yie says, "How should I address you?"

"Ah. Just call me Matterhorn." Matterhorn accepts the tea and says, "ACE and Rangers mentioned you in their conversation, so I came here to take a look."

Matterhorn's words make Lin Yie realize his treatment for Nightingale gave him a pretty good reputation. 

(Look. Even operators are talking about me behind my back. And here is another patient.)

Lin Yie can't help but feel proud of himself.

(...)

But why are the ones talking about him all men?

Compared to them, Nightingale is way cuter. He can't help but look at Nightingale, who is hiding from the stranger in a corner, and smile at her.

Nightingale suddenly becomes alert. She says coldly, "I don't want the medicine."

(Alright. ignore the childish devil for now...) 

Lin Yie turns back to the conversation.

"So." He asks, "Is there something you need help with?"

"So you are a psychologist?"

"Yes. But I more like it if you call me a counsellor"

Matterhorn hesitates, "Actually, I am not sure if I should ask you for help."

Based on his experiences, this opening will most certainly lead to something troublesome, but what kind of problem can trouble this macho? 

(Uh... That's not the point.)

Even though he really wants to walk away, Lin Yie understands this is part of his job, so he says, "Just tell me. If it is something I can do, I am happy to help."

"But this might fall outside your responsibilities..."

(Then, why are you telling me...)

"It's fine. As a psychologist, everything related to psychology is part of my job." Lin Yie lies to himself, 

"Even if it isn't, I will still do my best."

Matterhorn smiles at what he lie-says, "So, ACE and Rangers were right. You are a good person."

Lin Yie smiles awkwardly.

"Alright then. I will go straight to the point." Matterhorn puts his tea down and glances at Nightingale, 

"I heard about Nightingale, and I feel really sorry about what she went through, so I was really surprised when I heard you were able to help her. ACE and Rangers already told me what happened, but I also heard you have the hands that make women obedient..."

Something is not right.

"Wait! Wait! Wait! Wait!" Lin Yie waves his hands frantically, "Don't make things up."

"Um?" Matterhorn doesn't understand, "Was I wrong?"

"Uh. About my hands. You misunderstood." Lin Yie hurriedly explains. 

Otherwise, Matterhorn is going to steer the conversation down the right direction, "I never had the ability that makes women obedient..."

Matterhorn acts like he suddenly understands, "Is that so? Ah, sorry about that."

Lin Yie feels relieved, "It's good that you understand."

"So, not only women but men too?"

Lin Yie almost bites down on his tongue.

Matterhorn continues, "Honestly, if I didn't hear that from ACE and Rangers, I would have never thought that ability exists. Using hands to make men and women obedient..."

"You really misunderstood." Lin Yie is almost facepalming himself, 

"There is nothing like this, to begin with."

"Ah, really? I guess I made a mistake." Matterhorn, "So you can do it without hands?"

Lin Yie gives up. He thinks he is way past the point for explanations, and explaining will only make it worse. There is also the fear that Matterhorn would say something like "Let me have a taste." 

If he lets this scene play out, it is possible, so he shuts up. Fortunately, Matterhorn stops delving into his ability. Instead, he starts talking about his problem.

"There is something I need your help with." Matterhorn says, "I couldn't go to the other operators for help."

(Not others. Only me.... ) Lin Yie prays that this is something normal for once.

"But I heard you just came here recently, and before that, you were in Chernobog," Matterhorn says, 

"Then, do you know Kjerag? Having heard about it is fine too."

"Kjerag?" Lin Yie asks, "Sounds familiar. What's that place?"

"It's my homeland." Matterhorn explains, "It is covered in snow all year long."

"... Very poetic."

"It seems you don't know much about Kjerag. That's fine." Matterhorn unbuttons his shirt, as Lin Yie watches him nervously, but Matterhorn takes out a photo from a pocket inside his shirt and puts it on the table.

Lin Yie sees a girl in the picture.

(Not a man. That's great.)

Lin Yie is relieved. He takes a closer look at the girl. She has silverish white long hair with cat-like ears. She is standing sideways, her eyes are closed, and her hands folded like she is praying. Snowflakes fall on her hair and shoulders, giving off the aura of holiness.

"This is..."

"Kjerag's saintess." Matterhorn says, "She's... Pramanix."

"Saintess?"

"Yes." Matterhorn nods, "Kjerag is a religious state, and Pramanix is the most perfect, most holy, most noble person in our country."

The list of titles overwhelms Lin Yie, and it also makes him understand the importance of Pramanix to Kjerag. From Matterhorn's depressed tone, he can guess this saintess is facing something bad.

(Does she also have mental problems? There is nothing more troublesome for a saintess than mental issues, right? Perhaps, this was why Matterhorn rushed to his office after knowing he helped Nightingale. It seems that Pramanix is really having some troubles.)

Lin Yie's tone becomes heavier, "What happened to your saintess? If it is something I can do, I will do my best to help her."

"She..." Matterhorn clenches his fists.

Lin Yie quickly comforts him, "Take your time."

"She..."

"Um. What's wrong with her?"

Matterhorn looks in pain, "She ran away from home!"

"..."