Ch 53: Incident

Lin Yie goes back to his room and sleeps. By the time he wakes up, it is already nighttime.

He has no idea he would sleep that long. Maybe it is because he didn't hear the sound of teeth grinding or sleep next to a lizard. However, he didn't expect to see a white silhouette sitting on his bed and hearing a munching sound.

"Nightingale?"

The munching sound stops. Nightingale turns around, and Lin Yie sees her mouth covered with crumbs.

Lin Yie sighs, "How did you get in?"

"I walked in."

"I mean... how did you enter my room?"

"I opened the door," Nightingale looks at Lin Yie like she is looking at an idiot.

Lin Yie gives up on getting an answer from her. 

He sees the bed next to him is empty. Rangers left with his stuff when Lin Yie was sleeping, and he probably didn't lock the door, which explains why Nightingale was able to get in.

"What time is it?" Lin Yie sits up.

Nightingale shakes her head, "I don't know."

"... Did Dr Kal'tsit already leave?"

Nightingale nods.

Lin Yie facepalms.

Lin Yie gets up. He can't just keep on sleeping all day. Otherwise, his biological clock will be messed up not like it wasn't on how little he slept at Rhodes Islands. After washing himself and wiping the crumbs off her mouth, he brings Nightingale outside.

Lin Yie asks Nightingale, "Are you hungry?"

She nods, "I want pineapple buns."

"They don't sell those here."

"I want tiramisu."

"You finally remember other food! Oh, what's my name?"

"Pineapple Bun."

Lin Yie glances at Nightingale. She looks indifferent, so he can't tell if that was intentional or not.

When the two descend to the first floor, they see the squad fully armed and prepared to leave. Lin Yie sees Chen, who is conversing with Rangers. She looks serious. Behind them, there is a black armoured car. The "cargo" is probably inside.

Lin Yie is very curious about the Infected who managed to get Ursus's attention.

Of course, he doesn't plan on doing anything to find out himself.

"You seem to have slept well." He hears a mature female voice behind him.

He turns around and sees Silence.

"Kal'tsit told you, right? I have to leave Ifrit for the next few days." Silence says, "That kid's personality is not great. Sorry for the trouble."

"Don't worry. I think she is a good kid."

Of course, that is just courtesy.

What Lin Yie is actually thinking, 

(I hope that naughty kid won't cause trouble for me.)

"When are you leaving?" Lin Yie asks Silence.

"About now." Silence answers, "We are almost ready. to depart."

"There are a lot of people from the Lungmen Guard Department. Are they going with you?"

"Of course not. Lungmen Guard Department's responsibility is just protecting Lungmen, and they gave the task to us." Silence looks at the armoured vehicle, 

"We are escorting a cargo, or rather, a criminal. Rhodes Island has a lot of experience with that. "

It seems Rhodes Island already knows.

A few guards from the Lungmen Guard Department walk past Lin Yie.

"What's up with these people?" Lin Yie asks.

"We are not just receiving the cargo tonight." Silence says, "They are receiving the drugs they bought from Rhodes Island."

Lin Yie takes another look at the guards.

(Hmm?)

Lin Yie frowns.

He notices that one of the guards seems to be staggering like their leg is wounded.

(A crippled is moving cargo?)

He tries to learn more about that guard, but like the other guards, that guard is completely covered in armour.

"Alright. We are leaving now." Silence says, "Ifrit should still be sleeping in her room."

Lin Yie nods. He hears Chen instruct the guards to escort the armoured car out of the city with her radio. After that, she also leaves.

Soon, only a few guards are left behind to receive the drugs, and there are some operators from Rhodes Island.

(It seems I have my room to myself tonight.)

Lin Yie thinks. He suddenly feels life is pretty good.

After that, he brings Nightingale out for dinner. They have some eastern food, and Lin Yie successfully coaxes Nightingale into eating some cilantro, which successfully earns him her disdain and murderous look. No matter how he tries, Nightingale just ignores him when they walk back. He didn't regret doing that. He got a laugh from that.

By the time Lin Yie and Nightingale are back at the building, Lungmen Guard Department's guards are still here. Maybe they ordered a lot of drugs. Lin Yie doesn't feel like walking around the streets, so he brings Nightingale to the top floor and looks at the moon. If he looks down, he can see a big portion of Lungmen.

The moon hits Lin Yie with nostalgia. He can't help but recall his past life.

Nightingale also eases up, possibly because of the atmosphere. She doesn't look as sulky as before.

Lin Yie tries to recite a poem to show off in front of Nightingale, but he also feels ashamed for having such thoughts and that Nightingale might not understand him.

While he is struggling internally, a black helicopter suddenly appears in his view. It shines a blinding light towards the building.

"The hell?" Lin Yie and Nightingale cover their eyes, but Lin Yie manages to peek through the gaps between his fingers and spots the Lungmen Guard Department's logo on the helicopter. He mumbles, "They are using a helicopter to move drugs? Lungmen is so rich."

However, Nightingale suddenly grips his wrist.

"Hmm?" Lin Yie turns to Nightingale and sees fear in her eyes.

Before he can ask her, the light moves away. He looks towards the helicopter intuitively, but he is shocked when he looks at the pilot's seat.

(The pilot... is headless.)

It is too late for him to release.

In the next second, the helicopter crashes into the building. The impact breaks all the glasses and flings the fragments around.

Lin Yie presses Nightingale down immediately.

But his back is cut open by the glass shards.