Ch 89: The Invitation of Kjerag's Machoman

Oh, Lord! Why can't I meet any normal people for once?!

Lin Yie feels dead inside.

"Dr. Lin?" Matterhorn stops complaining, when he sees Lin's expression, "Do you understand how serious this is?!"

"Of course, letting someone touch her body..."

"Not her body! Her tail!"

"Isn't her tail part of her body?"

"Of course it is! But the tail is the most important part!" Matterhorn seems to be in great pain, "Mistress is our saintess, but she let someone touch her tail!"

"Is it that serious?"

"Of course!" Matterhorn raises his hand to smash something, but he already smashed the table to bits. He looks around for a replacement, but there is nothing, so he just hits his leg, 

"To us Forte's, our tails are the most important, most sacred parts of our bodies! Just like Sarkaz's horns. Do you dare to touch the devil's horns?!"

Lin Yie glances at the sleeping devil.

Yes... Yes,I do.

But that's just what he thinks. He won't say that in front of Matterhorn, not right now.

"I think I understand now." Lin Yie nods, "So, what do you want me to do?"

"Help me persuade my mistress, of course!" Matterhorn says, "I need her to understand she is still Kjerag's saintess, even when she is not at home!"

"Then, why don't you just tell her?"

Matterhorn sighs and smiles bitterly, "If Mistress listened to me, I wouldn't have come to you, but because of Master, she doesn't trust anyone that works for him."

"So you want an outsider to tell her." This is giving Lin Yie a headache, "But this is problematic for me as well. And it's not even my job."

"I know it's not your job! That's why I will compensate you!" Matterhorn adds hurriedly.

"Aye, I don't care about compensation, but after seeing your sincerity, I will give it a try."

"That's great!" Matterhorn looks excited, "If you are willing to help me, then come to my room at night."

"Uhm..." Lin Yie nods, but then, he feels something is not right, "Wait! wait! wait! why your room?"

"I will compensate you, of course."

Lin Yie's mouth twitches, "You mean..."

"With Kjerag's cuisine, of course!" Matterhorn shows off his muscles, flexing his biceps

"I am actually a great chef. Otherwise, Master wouldn't have sent me here to take care of Mistress."

Then, suddenly, he looks sad, "Mistress's sister, Cliffheart, is also here, but for a different reason. She is here to treat her illness. I was originally here for Mistress. Then, I found out Young Mistress is also here."

This is too confusing for Lin Yie.

This is royalty. The family composition is way too complicated for me!

"So I will count on you tonight." Matterhorn holds Lin Yie's hands, "My room is at 2B, and I will be cooking for Mistress and Young Mistress. You must come."

Before he can recover from his confusion, Lin Yie nods subconsciously.

...

When Matterhorn is gone, Lin Yie realizes what he just agreed to.

Other protagonists would be saving the world right now! But I am here dealing with weird things all the time.

Lin Yie sighs. He doesn't even know who the patient is anymore. Is it Matterhorn? Or his mistress?

"Pineapple Bun?" Nightingale rubs her eyes, "Are you going to work at night?"

"I don't know if it is work. Whatever." Lin Yie looks at her, "Do you know his mistress? I think her name is Pramanix."

Nightingale shakes her head.

"I heard she works on the medical team. How can you not... Nevermind, you can't even remember Hibiscus's name."

"I remember." Nightingale protests, "Her name is Hibiscus."

"What about her sister?"

"..."

As expected.

Lin Yie nods.

He looks at the clock. It's almost 5 PM.

For some reason, time goes by so quickly whenever I work. Does that mean I love my job too much?

"Liz, time to go."

"Is it time for dinner?"

"Yes."

"I want to go too."

"There is no pineapple bun at this hour."

"Oh, I'm not going then."

Lin Yie's mouth twitches, but then again, even though Nightingale is cute, as her doctor, Lin Yie doesn't want her to be too clingy.

He picks up the remaining two recruitment notices from his desk, and walks out the door.

Even though I don't need to hire assistants right now, I might as well do it. I'm not paying them anyway.

Lin Yie looks at the other rooms on his floor, "If possible, I hope there are people living in them. That would be more lively."

Nightingale nods. Lin Yie can't tell if she really understands.

Then, he walks Nightingale to her room and promises her again that he will come early tomorrow morning, before going back to his room.

When Ansel returns, Lin Yie asks Ansel about Matterhorn's group. Then, Lin Yie looks through his belongings. He picks out some of the gifts his former boss gave him and goes to Matterhorn's room